forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Behold Queen Oluebubechi Jewel Michael Face Of Abia State

'I beat 60 contestants to win the Abia beauty crown'


By ADAEZE AMOS


When Oluebubechi Jewel Michael (a beauty queen and the Face Of Abia State) was born on the 25th of May, 1996, her parents named her Queen, not knowing that she would eventually be crowned a beauty queen at the age of 20. Did you say there is enormous power in the names we bear? “My real name is Queen! This is not just about the title. That’s the name my parents gave me when I was born,” she commenced, smiling.

'I want to leave my footprints on the sands of Abia State'

Well, stepping into the world of this damsel wasn’t a herculean task. She gave a detailed introduction of herself. “I hail from  Umuocham in Uratta community of Isiala Ngwa North in Abia State. I’m the grand daughter of Late Ezeji Brown Nwala. I’m a very passionate person and I don't give up easily on whatever I believe in,” she said, as a matter of fact.
 This style aficionado aside from being gifted with the spirit of boldness especially when she is showcasing her styles on the red carpets of glamorous events and fashion runways she also have the gifts of playing musical drums. “I know how to play on sets of drums to churn out good music/sounds. Little wonder I consider music as good medicine for my soul,” she enthused.
 Oluebube is a beauty queen with a difference. Reason is that she doesn’t just sit before her mirror applying foundation, lipstick and fixing false lashes. She does some other reasonable things as well. “I love to anchor events, I also love modeling and of course acting. I love to make people happy and I'm a very confident person. That’s just me,” she shrugged.
 This Computer Engineer still remembers with great nostalgia the very pageant that brought her much fame. “There were so many aspiring beauty Queens who contested with me, in fact we were over 60 in number. Guess what? So many backed out while some were screened out. The 17 Local Government Area in Abia State were represented. I represented Isiala Ngwa North,” she reminisced. 
What then gave her an edge over others you may ask? “GRACE gave me an edge over the rest. They were all at their best...I never felt intimidated, I was really passionate, and I confessed positively all through. That pageant still remains an experience I won’t forget in a hurry. Is it the exposure? The pressure? The hard work? The punishments? The fears and tears? It was awesome," she gesticulated.

Impacts I have been making

“I've started making impacts already. On the 14th of February 2017, I celebrated my Valentines Day at Federal Medical Centre, UMUAHIA (children ward). I went with food items/beverages, love stickers and music to show love. Also on the 27th May 2017,I was at Bata, Aba, in Abia State, with my co queens (Queen Sandra and Queen Sheila) who supported me, along side my team members. We cooked and fed the destitute.

 How to better the lives of Abians 

“I've been thinking of how to better the lives of Abians. I've made some research and discovered the existence of a discount card (gold club) which has been approved by CBN, giving 20%, 50% of every expenses made. I know it will go a long way in helping us, so I'll plead that it be looked into, and discount centers be provided, such as schools, hospitals, hotels, fast food centers ,supermarkets and what have you”.

What I want to be remembered for

“I want to leave my footprints on the sands of Abia State. I want to be remembered as that Queen who affected lives positively, who loved everyone, irrespective of age, class and level. That queen who stood for her people, unapologetically. Yes that very queen who is the voice of the voiceless and a hope restorer.”

What makes me happy about Abia state

“A whole lot makes me happy about Abia state, especially her strong cultural heritage. Also, the tourism sector of Abia State thrills me. We have very beautiful tourism sites in Abia State. I'm delighted that Hon. Barr. NGOZI Nwangwa has set out with her team, working back to back without relenting to discover and project these beautiful sites well. Now let me shock you, do you know that if these sites are developed, it will attract both national and foreign investors to our state? And that is not all, trust me more jobs will be created for our youths. So please let the tourism aspect of Abia State be looked into and worked on... It's high time we developed our own Haven.

Beauty queens in Abia state

"Beauty queens in Abia state deserve to be recognized and projected well, because we represent Abia state. ”

What pisses me off about Abia State

“Nothing pisses me off about Abia State. I trust the new administration of the executive governor of Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu (Phd). More to this; Abia has great talents. And proper means should be created to promote their work. I get pained when I see talented Abians leaving the state for greener pastures for lack of opportunity and sponsorship.”

Empowering Abia women

"If I'm in the position of empowering Abia women, my area of concentration would be in business. I will create a platform for solid skill acquisition/entrepreneurship programs. The program will attract individuals, corporate bodies and government to help provide them with needed support for start-up. And I will also ensure I aid women farmers for effective production. Making life investment in women is like empowering a community.

2 comments: