forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My inspirational songs are based on true life experiences- Bee Cee a musical artiste


‘My hope in life is to be a strong woman in every ramification’
 Obiajulu Olabisi Ugboh, an ex-beauty queen, a model, whose stage name is Bee Cee is also a musical artiste and a Political Science graduate of Delta State University. She is indeed an interesting personality. The Engligbo diva  is one of the Nigerian female rappers who raps with a blend of English and Igbo languages. In this interview with ADAEZE Amos, the song writer who started her musical career in 2011 and who was nominated the Next Rated Category at the Nigerian Gospel Music Awards (NGMA) a year later talked about her lifestyle.
Aside from NGMA Awards which you got in 2012, which other awards have you bagged?
 I later bagged the Best Hip Hop And Best Collaboration Song in 2015 with my song tiled ‘I Gat Faith’ which featured Obiwon. I was also give the Top Naija Music Award and  Best Gospel Video in 2015.
What is the latest about you now?
The latest about me is the release of my new song which is an inspirational rap song which is titled ‘Never Tire’ where I featured Shola Shittu, but was produced, mixed and mastered by ace producer Phat E.
How did you come with a stage name Bee Cee?
BeeCee is coined from my second name Olabisi. My mum hails from Ado-Ekiti and that's why I have a Yoruba name.
When did you discover you have passion for music?
That was when I was very young. I remember as I child, I loved to sing so much that I used to disturb everyone around me with my voice. I did sing anywhere and everywhere. My dad used to ask me to sing for his guests and even when wasn’t sure of the wordings of a song, I  would still sing it with confidence. (Laughs).
Who are you aspiring to be like?
I’m not aspiring to be like anyone because I understand that we are all created to be different and do our own stuff. So, I admire people who work hard and keep a balance but I'll always want to be me.
You studied Political Science and not music, why?
Studying music in school never occurred  to me. I actually wanted to study Theater Arts but my dad refused so I chose Political Science. Reason being that if truly I was destined to be  musical artiste music  would find me and it did at last. (Chuckled).
Do you think you would plunge into politics in the nearest future?
Hmm.....I haven't given it a thought really but that could happen , you never can tell.
Some girls think since they are talented to sing that education should be ignored. Do you think education is power?
Education for me was compulsory with or without  my talents. I knew that education would give  me a leverage in whatever I choose to do in life. I wanted to be a strong woman in every ramification and what better tool than education. I also know that not everyone has good brains for education. But if you have it, go for it because  education puts  you on a better pedestal
What actually inspires your songs?
That's depends on the kind of song I’m writing at the time. My inspirational songs are based on true life experiences of either mine or people around me. My songs are also inspired  by my observations of life.
What stands you out in the musical world?
Everything about me stands me out.  For the fact that I’m a female rapper makes me unique because female rappers aren't that much. And then you come across one rapping Englibo which of course is wow! I’m  different and original. I've tried to carve a niche for myself in the music scene and that stands me out.
Engligbo music is not common, how did you come about it?
 It took me a while to find my style because I was listening to a whole lot of people. I wanted so much to get it right and not to suddenly start loosing my essence.  So, I decided to follow my heart and stick to my style not giving a hoot what people would say. I rap fluently in English and IBO and what better way could I make myself tick  than to combine both languages?  That was  what birthed Englibo rap style (giggled).
Which very track brought you out and why?
 My very first rap Tumisile introduced me to the rap genre
What is your life philosophy?
 My life philosophy is live and let's live. The sky is big enough for all the stars to shine. And never  underrate anybody because  you can't predict tomorrow.  Love hard, love strong, love always.
What very lesson has life taught you as an artiste?
 As an artiste I have learnt that music chooses you, you don't choose music. Music will test your resolve, try your patience but if you are consistent and don't give up, you'll come out on top.
Relieve your first experience on the sage before a large crowd?
 My first experience on stage before a large crowd was magical. Though I was nervous inside but I didn't let it show. I got up on stage flashed my teeth and said hello everyone and I got hellos back. That was it!  Their hellos boosted  my confidence and I had fun performing and engaging my audience.
What stands you out on the red carpets of glamorous events?
 The first thing that stands me out is my height.  I’m six feet tall and I do heels too. Then my outfit of course. I’m a fashion pundit so I know how to engage peoples’ eyes on me. I also wear my natural gold-coloured hair,  that just keeps people gazing and asking questions. (Laughed loudly).
What fashion item forms a large chunk of your wardrobe?
 Oh my God, shoes! I’m a shoe freak. Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! I just can't help it.
What’s your style signature?
My style signature is a tie hanging loose on any of my outfit.
What makes your day?
A quality time in God's presence early in the morning settles my spirit for the whole day. when I don't have time to have that, you could easily tell.
A bit on your love life? Who the lucky guy rocking the love boat of your life?
Well I’m married to my university sweetheart and we are blessed with three amazing kids
If you weren’t a musician, what would you have opted for?
 I am everything I wanted to be......an ex beauty queen, song writer, singer, rapper, model, teacher, actor, producer, and fashion designer...... Oh there's one missing.....chef, hahaha I guess I will handle that in heaven because  there's no time right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment