forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Saturday, November 21, 2015

I’m hyperactive-Ijeoma Imoh, actress

‘I’m simple and down to earth’


Ijeoma Imoh has featured in so many movies and soap operas. She is one diva who is not given to arrogance because of fame. “It’s God that made me who I am today, so why should I be pompous or arrogant? I’m simple and down to earth,” she said unequivocally.
This actress, model, voice-over artiste and event manager studied History and International Relations. She is in her 30s; though single, she is not ready to mingle unnecessarily. Ijeoma is Igbo but she speaks Yoruba language fluently. “I was born and bred in Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan. I’m the last child in a family of eight,” she said.

She did not start out as an actress “I started as a model. Whenever schools were on strike then, I would be busy with photo shoots and modeling jobs. It was while I was doing this that a neighbour and family friend saw the potential to act in me and encouraged me to join the movie industry.  That was how I joined the movie world, and till date I’m enjoying my career as an actress,” she recalled.
Would she have preferred to work in a bank if she were not into acting? “No! I’m not cut out for white-collar jobs. I won’t be able to wake up as early as four or six in the morning to go to work. I don’t also think I can sit in the office from morning till evening working.‎ I’m hyperactive. I prefer my own kind of career where I would need to hit it off to location. Maybe, from one location to the other doing what I know how to do best. I’m cut out for acting really. Apart from the fact that my job is like a hobby to me because I enjoy myself while working, it fetches me good money as well. I can’t leave acting for another profession,” she emphasized.
Little wonder she had featured in so many movies since she started. “I have featured in  ‘Wife Without Husband’, ‘Pains in Marriage’, ‎’Baba Ijebu’, ‘3-Direct’, ‘The Bankers’, ‘The Call, Shantel’, ‘The Tribe’, ‘Another Hope’, ‘Emotional Risk’, ‘Untapped Gold’, ‘Lost to lust’, among others. For soap operas, I have featured in ‎’Tinsel’, ‘True Heroes’, ‘Treasures’, ‘Ife Ati Etan’, ‘White House’, ‘Young’, ‘Single and Free’, ‘Tarima’, ‘The Proposal with Bovi’, ‘Obele ife’, ‘Meko Amin Pharmaceutical Products’ and ‘Bumazek Tomatoes’,” she said.
Ijeoma asserted that if she should live her life again, she would be an actress. And she has her reasons. “Acting is a profession that teaches someone about other professions. It’s a career that opens doors for endorsements by big companies, aside from making you famous and getting acknowledgements. Because of acting, I have been able to dine with the high and mighty,” she emphasized.
But what thrills her most about acting? “The fact that you can tell other people’s stories. Seeing yourself fit into different characters and interpreting other professions such as doctor, nurse, president, governor, lawyer, bricklayer, etc is fascinating. Another thrilling thing for me is that you can even express yourself without holding back, and you would be heard,” she said, smilingly.
One thing this diva wouldn’t forget in a hurry is the crazy thing a particular male fan did to her. “A guy presumably out of excitement saw me and planted a kiss on my lips. The thing happened at the International Airport, Lagos. As if that wasn’t enough embarrassment, he shouted that I even looked finer in person. I was so embarrassed because he attracted unnecessary attention to me,” she recalled.
Ijeoma is now famous. She is enjoying it although she would never allow fame get into her head. But she pointed out one negative aspect of fame. “People expect from you what they cannot give  you. Just because they watch your movies, some people expect much from you even when you are not prepared for that,” she said.
There are parts of her body she wouldn’t mind flaunting. “My back and my cleavage. I flaunt them through what I wear. Then, of course, I wear short gowns a lot. I’m comfortable in them,” she giggled.
What are the qualities of her ideal man? “He has to be presentable and well read. He should also be someone who has conscience, fear of God,” she said.
Ijeoma described herself in these words: “I’m pretty and a very blunt person. My life is what you can call fun, but when it is time to face truth, you won’t go far searching for me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment