forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

‘Craziest thing a female fan has ever done to me? Kiss me in the rest room-Profingaz, musician

 ‘My body structure is my best asset’
 Nwaezeigwe Paschal Chidozie is a musician. His stage name  Profingaz rings a bell because he churns out good music and he is fun to be with. This Port Harcourt based dude who hails   from Obodoukwu  in Ideato North Local Government Area in Imo state answers questions some artistes would tag strictly personal with ease. Though he has passion for music right from childhood but he believes education is power. So, he went to school first before paying detailed attention to music.  He graduated from Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State where he studied Information Management Technology. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, he talked about his motivation on stage and the crazy thing a female fan once did to him.

You released a single titled ‘Down’ a few years ago and you came up with another hit titled Star Gyal, what inspired these two different singles?
Basically I have always had God’s wisdom and understanding.  Then, talking about inspiration, I get inspired by things around me. I wrote ‘Down’ when I was listening to  radio and Dammy Kranes’ song titled  ‘Grateful’  came up and I wanted to do a tempo like that. So, I called my producer Reflexsoundz that I have got something to record and he told me to come over and we recorded ‘Down’ a few days later.
Then for Star Gyal, I had EmmyAce on my Black Berry Messenger  contact. So, I called him up, told him I would like to do a song with him, he  then gave me an appointment. I flew down to Lagos state to record ‘Star Gyal’, the first song I recorded in Gidi. The studio session was mad. I give kudos to Emmyace.

‘When I’m bored, I hang out with my home boys & pretty girls to lighten up my environment’


A few years lapsed between the two singles, can you give a reason for this?
(laughs) I work almost everyday.  I had to slow down a little now, so I can put up something detailed for my fans. For instance, my EP is almost done just putting finishing touches to it.
What do you like doing that makes you happy aside from singing?
I love going out with friends and try to motivate anyone around me positively. I’m into fashion because I love fashion, it makes me happy.   I’m  looking forward to establishing a clothing line.
You are quite popular in Port Harcourt, how did you get the popularity?
(Giggles), It’s God, believe me. God’s favour so to say. I didn’t do it on my own. What I know is that I work hard and I always try to push my contents  to the audience the best way I can. I give shout out to every DJ supporting me and my music. My fans too played an important role in my coming up, I so owe lots of thanks  to them.
Aside from Down and Star Gyal, which other songs have you come up with?
I have come up with some hip-hop projects in the past such as  Being Egyptian_gOD. They are all on line.
How did you develop passion for music?
I can’t tell but all I know is I grew up loving music. The friends I grew up with loved music so I decided to try out my own stuff.
Who are some international artistes you admire and what are your reasons for admiring them?
I admire Kendrick, Chris Brown, Jhane Aiko, Ab Soul to mention but a few. I like artistes that have energy and passion, artistes that always give their fans good music.
When you want to unwind, what do you do?
I hang out with my home boys and pretty girls to lighten up the environment. (Smiles).
In the Nigerian female musical world, who are those you think are living up to expectation musically?
Well, I would give it to Sheyi Shey, Cynthia Morgan mixed with Yemi Alade. They all have that potential, that goal-getting spirit.
Some artistes take substances to help stage performance, how do you get motivated for your stage performance?
I need no substance. I get my strength from God. I like listening to music on my headphones before I go on stage. It motivates me.
Let’s look into your wardrobe, can you define your style?
Yeah! I like looking simple, but I come all out with my style when I go out for events.
What’s your style signature?
Polo and jeans with nice shoes to march.
What is that fashion item that forms a larger part of your wardrobe?
Shoes!
Are you a designer label freak?
Yes, and I would like to point out that most of my friends are fashion designers and they are good. My favourite right now is Chiroma Banks Clothing.
What is your favourite perfume?
Calvin Klein.
Physically, what do you think is your best asset?
My body structure is my best asset.
What is the craziest thing a female fan has ever done to you?
Kissing me in the rest room (laughs)
What is the very lesson life has taught you?
Life has really taught me not to trust anybody always, watch your back.
What is your life philosophy?
Give and it shall be given onto you. Even the Bible said so.
What is the naughtiest thing you have ever done?
(Laughs) Okay, I called a girl I just met to come over my residential apartment and she actually  came home with her friend. She told me she was a lesbian if I can do a threesome with her friend and I said sure. We started drinking, smoking had a little turn up and the rest was history.





1 comment:

  1. am in a ghost mood and it's scaring me!

    ReplyDelete