forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Thursday, February 11, 2016

When I was 13, I remembered crying just for the fun of it-Joy Epoke, ex-beauty queen



‘That was the naughtiest thing I've ever done’
The naughtiest thing I ever done, oh my God is very funny. I still laugh over it each time I remember it. I start wondering why I was that naughty. Little wonder whenever I see a child crying, I’m not bothered because I already know that some children could cry just for the love of it. I was a typical example of that.
Guess how my own happened?  (giggled).
  When I was thirteen years old, I once stood at the front of my grandparents gate and started crying. Yes, I cried as if someone had beaten me up but nothing happened to me. I just felt like crying that morning. I heard a voice within me that told me to try some crying sessions and see how it feels. And I honestly obeyed.

I cried and held my head with my two hands as if somebody died but nobody died. In fact, nothing happened! When I was crying, people ran out of their homes and wondered what happened to me. When they saw I was seriously shedding tears, they pitied me and started asking me why I was crying.  They asked what the problem was but I was mum, couldn’t say anything because there was nothing wrong with me. I wasn’t hungry, wasn’t beaten, wasn’t molested. I only felt like crying and I did.  And cried to my satisfaction.
 So, when the crowd started gathering around me just to know what actually happened, I finally opened  up to them. I told them that I was just crying for nothing, I laughed and quickly wiped off my tears and pretended as if I wasn’t the one crying.
They were shocked to hear that.  You know that kind of look from everyone expecting to hear something terrible that might have gone wrong just for me to say " I was crying for nothing"
By ADAEZE AMOS.

Joy Ekpoke  is from  Urhobo, Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State. She is a model, fashion designer and an ex beauty queen.


No comments:

Post a Comment