forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Friday, December 18, 2015

2015 has been a transformative year for me-Nene Johnson,a diva



 Nene Johnson is simply the girl next door. She is a goal-getter who believes that her journey on this planet is to help improve on everything around her. She is one diva who sees life as something that should be passionately explored. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS she talked about her new song titled  Iyele and style simplicity. “I believe less is more,” she enthused.
 Excerpts:
 What is the latest about you?
Besides the release of my single titled “IYELE” which would hit the music scene in the early part of 2016, 2015 has been a transformative year for me. For example, I discovered the restorative power of exercising and a healthy diet, while at the same time, working on my voice and my sound. Three companies have provided a lot of support which helped me achieve many new things in 2015. For instance, in Afrodisiacbay, a music company, understands the creative and technical needs of my music. This means I can now relax and worry only about composing emotionally compelling songs  of which Iyele is one of them. GrassRoots gym provided me with everything I needed to achieve fitness through exercising. They made me  understand how important a healthy diet is. I also hired 19WORKS, a public relations team that promises smart brand development. At this point, I am happy to be around people and entities who desire that my music succeeds.


 ‘As long as I feel great in whatever I wear, I will rock it’
 What kind of music do you play and why?
Afro pop with a touch of RnB & Soul. I perform this style of music because my fans love it.
 What inspires your songs?
My songs are inspired by my emotions, experiences and observations. I see our journey in life as one long song and my songs are just a fraction of life.
 When you were much younger did it ever occur to you that your passion for music would sizzle this much? If yes, why?
 I knew it that I would be an entertainer right from childhood. I was known in secondary school as a talented singer.  Frequently receiving positive comments and compliments due to my songs at an early age. Those compliments  gave me the confidence that music would take me a long way.
 Did you study music in the university? If no, what did you study and from which university?
 No I didn't study Music. I studied English at the Lagos State University.
 Can you relieve your first time on stage before a large crowd?
 Performing 'Still The One' by Shania Twain at a wedding ceremony was my first time performance in front of a large audience. I was very nervous  standing in front of about 500 people who looked like a million stern and curious eyes piercing right into my soul. My timidity did not last long the very moment I saw the crowd getting entertained by my music.
 What determines what you wear whenever you are going for stage performance?
 Many things play a role in choosing what I wear during a performance. However, the most important principle behind any clothing choices is comfort.  I must feel comfortable in my costume. As long as I feel great in it, I will rock it.
 What stands you out in the style world?
What distinguishes me within the style world is my fashion philosophy. I see style as a form of expression which is neither bound by eras nor seasons, but controlled by your feelings and emotions at a particular moment in time. Hence, I dress the way I want to.
 What is your style signature?
My style signature is simplicity. I believe less is More.
 Some people compose better songs when they are sober and heart broken. When do you think is the right time for you?
 Due to the message in my song IYELE many people would think I composed it when I was heart broken, well let us keep them guessing. I typically compose songs by picturing moments and situations that everybody around the world can relate to. Raw emotions from these mental images help to establish a physical connection with the situations and conditions I create in my mind. You can experience this interplay between emotion and situation in my new single “IYELE”
 Who are those in the music world you admire both national and international. What are your reasons?
 I admire and respect every musician that is working hard to release good music and creative materials that people find entertaining. Fela Anikulapo Kuti quickly comes to mind because beyond his brilliant sound, he is arguably the only Nigerian musician with true global appeal and presence. Whitney Houston, my childhood hero is another musician I adore. She is a musical genius.
 When you get married and your hubby insists you should quit music, will you oblige him?
 The beautiful thing about marriage is that while it is a choice on the one hand, love also has the potential to be blind on the other hand. I hope I find love in a person and in a place that will support my work because music is my passion.
 How do you cope with stardom as people must talk no matter what one does?
 I have learnt that other people’s opinions are not within my control. However I have chosen to succeed in life and I will always look for ways to ensure that we all succeed together no matter what anybody says about me.
 Looking good is good business, as a diva what do you do to look good?
 Looking good has its benefits. I believe that there are many things that are good for a diva that is also good for the girl next door. For example both a diva and "the girl next door" have the right to exercise and eat healthy regularly. I am simply a girl next door, the kind of girl who knows that beauty comes more  within than from what is on the outside. In other words true beauty comes from the winning habit of maintaining a healthy, fit and intellectually sound lifestyle. That is  why I made that choice to follow the narrow road towards beauty which involves hard work and perseverance. I hope other African women would join me. One thing I want all women to know is that looking beautiful and getting that cute figure through exercise and eating healthy is very possible and easier than it seems. You do not need to rob a bank or have an expensive gym membership to achieve that.  My fitness trainer at the GrassRoots gym always told me that "as long as you have a floor to stand on, you have a gym." I took this to mean that I could work out at home or outdoors and do anything I desire. I always love to motivate and inspire other women and that is why I have documented some of these experiences on my Instagram page. So feel free to follow me @IAmNeNeJohnson and take a look at my exercise pictures and videos and also please don't forget to share your own exercise and diet tips with me as well, so that we can all look good and stay beautiful together. 
  You are now on low cut, what prompted that?
 As a West African woman my hair is naturally short. I felt it was the right time to embrace my natural hair and learn to style it in a way that would bring out its own natural beauty. Arriving at the decision to cut my hair was hard, but it is a decision I am happy I took. It is good to feel beautiful in your own unique way. 
 Some musicians take substances before they perform on the stage to be high. What makes you high on the stage?
 I love to give people a good time. That alone stirs my passion. I’m naturally high when I see people entertained by my songs.
 What is the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
 Asking me to marry him out of the blues. 
 The year would soon wind up, what do you thank God for?
 I thank God for good health, progress and positive growth in my life
 What is your life philosophy?
 Winners never quit,  so never give up on yourself.
 What lesson has life taught you as a diva
 Life has taught me to love, to be strong-willed and determined.


Nene and her fans



3 comments:

  1. Great piece. More oil of Gladness to u. U will come out hot. I believe in ur dream, one day u will break records., See u at d TOP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. She has always been down to earth and sweet. Simply Nene or you. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, interesting philosophical and intricate answers. I hope she makes it big.

    ReplyDelete