forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Humility pays; it opens more doors of success-Bunmi Ademokoya, Best Model of the world 2007

'Our models should try to be professionals'
 Bunmi Ademokoya can be best described as an international model having won the Best Model of the world in 2007 and  the Most Outstanding Model of the year 2012. She told ADAEZE AMOS in this interview her modeling experiences outside the country and qualities of ideal model
You were the Most Outstanding Model of the year (2012) , why do you think you deserve this award?
I think I have done so much jobs outside the country in particular. I have represented Nigeria well, I have represented both the agency and the manger well. I’m based in South Africa and I have been with Isis Modeling Agency Johannesburg, South Africa since 2007. So, I think for all my hard works, I was presented with this award and a brand new Chevrolet car.
Aside  from modeling, what else are you doing in Johannesburg?
I’m studying.  I’m studying Law at the University of South Africa. I’m combining education with modeling. Apart from the fact that I’m doing well as a model, I still believe that education is power. It is good for one to have a back-up plan.


How did your journey into the modeling world all started?
It all started in 2007 when I became the first runner up in 2007 Nigeria Next super model by Isis Modeling Agency. I was 18 years old then.  So, the same year, I was enrolled in the Best model of the World and I won. I became the Best Model of the world 2007. The pageant took place in Istanbul, Turkey. That was the beginning of my journey to stardom. We were over 70 countries that contested. I represented my country Nigeria and I won the diamond studded crown. I made my country proud. I later left Turkey for South Africa because of language barrier and to pursue my university education. I signed into Isis Modeling Agency Johannesburg in that 2007 and I have been with Mrs. Joan Okorodudu the  owner of the modeling agency till date.
When you became the Best model of the World, what did they give you?
I was given a cash prize of five thousand dollars.
What are some of the lapses in the Nigerian modeling world you would wish to talk about?
The payment is small. Models are paid little to nothing. I have been to casting where models were paid a paltry sum of N30,000. I mean casting for major brands. There is no improvement on this. Since 2007 when I left the country till date, I leant the same thing still obtains. No improvement!  Another major problem confronting the modeling world is the fact that we don’t have an association.  It is because we have no association that makes every skinny girl out there feels and sees herself as a model. If there had been an association, there would have been room for screening.
How about the attitude of some models?
Yes, that reminds me. Those of them that are not professional even think they know it all. Me, I’m an international model, so I know what I’m saying. I’m talking from experience because I have worked in Paris, America, Bulgaria just name it.  Our models should try to be professionals.
How can they be professionals?


They should strive to go to casting on time and not to come late, take your portfolio along, go with the right clothes which of course are leggings and black tank-top so that your casting director can tell your statistics. Avoid butt pad or padded bra to shoot up your boobs. Carry your heels along and the colour of the three shoes you should go with are black, silver and gold because any clothe can blend well in such colours. Then also remember to be humble. Humility pays, it opens more doors of success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment