forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Friday, November 20, 2015

If hubby says no more movies, I will oblige him but I will be hurt-Martina Obi Okorare, actress


‘If I have to relieve my life, I would still be an actress’

Take a closer look at Martina Obi Okorare. Don’t you recognize her?  She doesn’t need detailed introduction as her face alone is her signature. She is a popular actress who has spent years in the movie industry and she is still waxing stronger. When she got married, she never relented and when she lost her beloved younger brother, she got back to movie set just after a few days of mourning because “the grace of God and love I got from friends helped me,” she enthused. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS she talked about her passion for acting and her lifestyle


‘Next year, I see myself doing projects that would wow the world’

As the year is about to wind up, what is the latest about you now?
I’m doing some business and short movies to close the year.
What testimonies do you have to give for this year 2015?
One of the short movies I featured in is making waves. It is titled Truthful Lies. It is one of the Afri-movies. Honestly I have been getting positive comments from fans. So, as the year comes to an end, I’m grateful to God for life and for all the projects I did this year. Next year will be better, I see myself doing projects that would wow the world.
What really makes you happy in what you are doing as an actress?
What makes me happy as an actress is the ability to tell someone’s story and the attention I get.
You lost a dear brother and few days after his burial you were strong and forged ahead, bounced back into your job. How did you overcome not being broken down?
Losing one of my brothers was a big rude shock for me and it still hurts. It’s been grace of God and love I have been getting from friends.
Upon all the movies you have starred in, which one was the most challenging?
All my movies are challenging because the roles aren’t me.
What lesson has life taught you so far as an actress?
Life as an actress has taught me to always believe I can do what I was made to do and be who I want to be.
When you were much younger did it occur to you, you would be famous like this?
When I was much younger, I always knew there is something special in me but I didn’t know I will come this far or be on the screen. It’s all God’s plan.
What if your hubby says you should stop acting, would you oblige him?
If hubby says no more movies, I will oblige him but I will be hurt because acting is passion for me. But we talked about it before getting married and so far he has been supportive.
Who are your role models in the movie world?
My role model in Nollywood is Liz Benson. She is highly gifted in acting and humble. In Hollywood I love Angelina Joli. She has deep passion and love for the game. She breaks leg in any role. It’s a booster for me.
What was the craziest thing a male fan ever did to you?
Male fan came all the way from Kaduna to see me. I didn’t know how he did it. It was at one of the City People Magazine Awards.
What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
Embarrassing moment was long time ago, I got off a bus and found out my skirt was stained with some ruby drops. Gosh, you know the rest (giggled).
What is your worst fear in life?
My worst fear in life is not making heaven.
When you are down, how do you derive inspiration?
I derive inspiration from music and studying the word of God.
What has stardom taken from you?
Stardom has taken away my privacy and normal life.
Aside from acting, what else do you do?
I do business apart from acting. I love trading.
What did you do right to wriggle out of the pains of heartbreak?
Dealing with heartbreak is a thing of the mind. I told myself it was over, lesson learned and that life must have to go on, avoid same mistakes.
What is your most striking prayer point?
Striking prayer point is for God’s mercy and grace to continue in my life.
What prize did you pay to get to where you are at the moment?
Prayer,  hard work and faith. No magic! But I suspended my PGD education to pursue my career
Who would you be if you have to relieve your life?
Of course I would still love to be an actress.
What kind of books do you read?
I read inspirational books from Daniel Steel and John Gresham.  I like to read.
What kind of movies do you watch?
I watch cartoons because it makes me laugh. I love to watch epic movies with good storyline.  I also watch adventurous movies because adventure is fun.
Most actresses seldom watch movies they starred in. Do you watch your movies?

Seriously, I hardly watch my movies. Not on purpose. But there isn’t time to really sit and see my jobs except premiers or when I’m on vacation or I bumped into it on TV. Most times my fans go on social media to tell me which one they saw. Family calls too to inform me. It’s really nice to have people appreciate what I do.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one from Martina...
    Dearie plus keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one from Martina...
    Dearie plus keep it up

    ReplyDelete