forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Thursday, October 29, 2015

‘I had tears of joy when I was crowned-Siaka Nimat


Queen Nimat

‘My boldness and carriage gave me an edge over others’

Siaka Nimat is a beauty queen. This Sociology graduate of University of Ilorin, Kwara state, is a proud African who is ready to contribute positively to womanhood especially to plus-size Nigerian ladies. Little wonder in this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, she unveiled how she would boost the confidence of every fuller-figured-Nigerian woman.  


What actually fascinated you about Miss Curvy Nigeria Beauty Pageant?

What fascinated  was the search for the African pride because I love Africa and I’m proud to be African. Another thing that fascinated me was the plus-size idea of the pageantry because it is a unique concept. I saw it as first of its kind. 

Can you relieve what happened on the night of the pageant?
Wow, on that night I was crowned the second runner up, I was deliriously overwhelmed. I would  never forget  how the crown was placed on my head and the feelings of joy I had because of it. I had tears of joy at that moment, believe me. I remember that we had a week of camping which prepared us for the main event and during that period, a lot of task was given to us. I learnt endurance and the ability to be strong enough to face life challenges.

What gave you an edge over other contestants?      

What I think gave me an edge over others was my boldness and carriage. 

As the current Miss Tourism under the platform of Miss Curvy Nigeria, what are your duties?
As the present Miss Tourism of the brand (Miss Curvy Nigeria, 2015). I am set to create more awareness by traveling across  states and countries organizing  programs and talk-shows for plus-size ladies who don’t have confidence in themselves.  And who feel that due to their body size they can’t achieve life purpose.

What positive contibutions are you going to make to impact the society ?
I’m set to bring about positive change to my society. To change the orientation and mind-set of Nigerians with regards to plus-size ladies. Just as Africa is endowed with mineral and natural resources, so has God endowed African women with beautiful, fabulous, thick and curvy body. So, my advice to you is that If you are plus-size, strive to keep fit, stay  focused, confident, self-fulfilling, attractive, happy and proud of yourself.

Beauty queens are in the habit of dumping their boyfriends,  have you done that?

Why on earth should I dump my boyfriend? That is if I have anyone.

Qualities of your ideal man?

He has to be understanding and trust-worthy. He has to be ready to sacrifice for me when necessary no matter what.

What would you like to be remembered for after your tenure?
I will like to be remembered for my positive impact and contributions to the lives of plus-size ladies under the platform of  Miss Curvy Nigeria platform.

What lesson has life taught you?

Life has taught me to stay focused, to endure and to be strong enough to face any challenge.

Do you think plus-size ladies are beautiful?

Yes, they are the most natural beauties one can think of. Because we don’t have to do any surgery to have curves. As Africans and plus-size women we grow our curves without going for surgery. That is why we have the most fabulous body shape.

Life philosophy?

It’s not how far but how well we live.

Can you define your style?

Moderation! Yes, moderation is my style watch word.

What do you think life would have been without fashion?

Life would have been ugly and boring without fashion. It would have been a worst place to live in.

Where do you think some ladies are not getting it right in the fashion world?
Some of them dress not considering their body shape and colours.

What thrills you most about fashion?
What thrills me most about fashion is the sweet colours of our home made fabrics-African prints, Aso-Oke, Kente, Kente-Oke (which is the combination of Kente and Aso-Oke), Akwa-ete, just name it. They are very colourful and our fashion designers are actually using them to churn out mind-blowing styles. Our own kind of fashion and style  have  enriched our culture. Those are the things that thrill about fashion.
‘Just as Africa is endowed with natural resources, so are African women endowed with beautiful, fabulous, thick and curvy body’




3 comments:

  1. Great, always proud of u sis, I knew u were going to be crowned cos u've always stood out in anything u do... was not able to make down. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, Nimheart is a combo of "beauty and brain. Glad u made it becos I believed in the dream right from ur audition in Ondo. The sky is ur starting point bae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE ONE, NIMAT IS NOW MY ROLE MODEL, AN ICON OF EXCELLENCE. A WOMAN I WOULD LOVE TO CALL MINE. KEEP IT UP, MY IDOL.

    ReplyDelete