forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

‘I smile when I stand before my mirror, ‘cos’ I love my curves-Sandra Anthony, Miss Curvy Nigeria

Sandra Anthony is a beauty queen. She is a History and International Relations graduate of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She tells  ADAEZE AMOS in this interview her lifestyle as a beauty queen.


You are the Miss Curvy Nigeria 2015, what is it all about?
The Miss Curvy Nigeria is a pageant for plus-size ladies and this is the second edition. Before the night of the pageant, the beauty aspirants  were camped for a week and that got me closer to the rest of the contestants as they were also intelligent and beautiful. But I happen to beat them hands down to clutch the diamond-studded crown.  I was actually crowned on the night of October,  18th of this year . I was very happy when I emerged the winner.

What gave you an edge over others?
Well, I’m beautiful enough to bag the crown. This doesn’t mean that other contestants weren’t beautiful. I would say it was the grace and favour of God. Coupled with the confidence I displayed on the stage. So, I beat 32 contestants hands down to clutch the diamond-studded crown.

What do you want to use your platform to achieve before your tenure is over?
Well, I want to create more awareness to women on cervical cancer. This is the main thing I want to look into because most women have not been enlightened enough about this health anomaly. Hence, it’s killing  so many women. So, I want to use this platform to create more awareness concerning this scourge.

What  part of your body can you flaunt proudly?
(Smiles) My curves of course. I have got hot curves. Sometimes I stand before my mirror and smile because I ‘ve love my curves.

To those ladies who are getting set for one beauty pageant or the other, can you reach out to them?
I will like to tell them to be bold.  Believe in yourself, be confident even when you walk before the judges and audience. Believe you are the best. Let your dressing be regale and be ready to answer correctly all the questions you are being asked in simple and correct English. Yes, you must have a good command of English language. Remember no one is ready to crown an empty-headed queen. You must be brilliant and cheerful. These factors would help you.

What do you think would change about your lifestyle  now that you are a beauty queen?
I would not be involved in anything that would tarnish my image or the image of my family. As a beauty queen, intergrity matters a lot. So, I would carry on with my life, making sure that I would never do anyhting that would drag my image in the mud. I won’t be seen in the gathering of bad people, I will be a good example to others because I know that I’m now a role model especially to the younger ones.

Beauty queens are in the habit of dumping their boyfriends when they are crowned, have you done that?
No, I have not. I’m single and I’m not in any relationship, so I don’t have anybody to dump.

Can you interprete movie roles when you are called?
Yes, I can! I’m ready for that. I have always had special interest in Nollywood and acting.

Will you opt for bigger beauty pageants in the nearest future?
I would like to opt for bigger beauty pageants for plus-size ladies, why not?

Some beauty queens don’t consider marriage as important…
Marriage is important (cuts in). To me, marriage is the best thing that can happen to every woman. That’s the way I see it. I would be ready to settle down once the right suitor comes.

What are the qualities of your ideal man?
My ideal man should be handsome, ambitious, handsome, classy and very intelligent.

What puts you off men?
Men who are not handsome, not intelligent, less ambitious put me off.

What lesson has life taught you as a beauty queen?
Life has taught me to believe in myself, put my trust in God and whatever I’m targetted at, I will achieve it.

What is your life philosophy?
My life philosphy is never to settle down for less in life. Yes, I would never settle for less in all that I do, because I deserve the best.

To mothers who frown at allowing their daughters participate in beauty pageants,can you reach out to them?
I want to please tell such mothers to allow their daughters to participate because they never can tell where their luck lies.

Plus-size ladies feel they are not fashionable because of their size, what do you have to say about this?
This is the wrong impression they have about themselves. They should learn to appreciate themselves the way they are. Always wear what suits your body frame. Ensure your tummy is not bulgy thereby retaining your waistline. Then you are good to go.

Can you define your style?
My style is simple, classy and sometimes sexy (smiles).

What style of outfit do you prefer?
I prefer to be seen in fitted skirts that would flaunt my curves

What is you opinion on some ladies who post half nude pictures on the net for cheap attention?
Any lady who does that lacks some good sense. No lady should drag  her intergrity  in the mud. It’s not proper.







No comments:

Post a Comment