forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I have a very understanding husband; he makes my job easier-Mercy Aigbe, actress

'My husband is very handsome. I like his dark complexion. He is cute'
Mercy Aigbe is a celebrity of the Yoruba movie genre. She tells Adaeze Amos in this interview about her career as an actress and her marriage. She says her husband pampers her like a baby, adding that this does not stop her from taking her marriage to God to keep it stable.
How have you been combining the home front and your acting career?
It hasn’t been easy to actually strike a balance between being a wife, a mother and a full-time career woman. They are different roles and you will actually want to balance the three because you don’t want anyone to suffer. Things have been a lot easier for me because I have a very understanding husband. He makes my job easier. I have domestic staff who help me whenever I’m on location. I also have my mom who supports me. 

How do you rate entertainment industry now? 
We honestly are not doing badly because we have really improved in terms of technical know-how and story lines. We are not doing badly but I know we can do better and I believe that with time, we are going to get there. The only problem that we are faced with is piracy. Piracy kills creativity. When you want to put your money in a movie as a producer, you a c t u a l ly want to get it back but if there is no conducive environment for you to be able to get your money back, you won’t want to put your money that would not reap profit. If you have a job that is going to take N10 million, for instance, and because you are scared of piracy and all that, you have to cut cost. At the end of the day, you are killing creativity because you are not giving your all. I think it is just a very big problem that is really facing us and we are all trying to come together to actually fight it. The entertainment industry, as a whole, is growing and we will get there.
How have you been coping with your fans that seek intimacy?I appreciate my fans, both males, females, but I always know where to draw the line. When I know you are going beyond fan, and all that, I always know when to say ‘please, I’m a married woman, here is my wedding band and things l i k e that’.
What attracted you to your husband?My husband is very handsome. I like his dark complexion. He is cute. That was the first thing that attracted me. What actually made me to marry him was because he is understanding and mature. When a man is understanding, that alone makes life easier for a woman. He makes me have my own way most times and he pampers me like a baby.
With the rising divorce rate in the society, what are you doing to protect your marriage from crashing?
The only thing I have done and still doing is to take my marriage to God. Apart from being in the limelight or a celebrity, it is not by my own power that I keep my home. I have come to the realisation that you have to make God the head of your family. The Bible says the wise woman builds her home. I have decided to go to God in prayers and put my marriage at His feet. I don’t intend divorcing my husband. I pray divorce is not my portion.
Can you describe your personality?
I’m a very friendly, honest, down-to-earth person. I can’t stand lazy people because the Bible says there is no food for a lazy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment