forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Life to me is a dice, you never know what comes next- Anu Sosanya, actress cum movie producer


 Anu Sosanya an amiable actress and a movie producer is worth her onions in the make-belief world. She is a guru in the Yoruba movie genre and has starred in so many movies. Guess what?  She is still ready to interpret more roles because acting to her is like a hobby. She chose Yoruba movie genre because of the undying love she has for her culture, tradition and language. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS she talked about movies that shot her to the limelight and what makes her tick in the acting world.

A bit on your educational background?
I finished my secondary education at Maryland Comprehensive School and furthered my studies at Lagos State University (LASU) where I studied Marketing.
You studied Marketing and opted for acting, why?
Well I studied Marketing but to be frank what I have always loved to do right from my childhood is not Marketing but acting. And I didn’t just venture into it believing that passion would make me scale through. I went for training first because I believe that whatever that is what doing is what doing well. Though I had it in me, but I needed to acquire some skills to be professional.
So, where were you trained?
 I had to enroll in Jide Kosoko Training School which was the best at that time. Jide Kosoko, a seasoned actor started his training school and I happened to be one of the first students that finished from his school. When I graduated and started acting, I was so good in interpretation of roles that movie roles started flowing in. And I was delivering my lines well.
What is your selling point?
I have got sharp, bright eyes that come out brighter with eye make-up.
What thrills you most about what you do as an actress?
Being able to interpret diverse roles being given to me and delivering my lines with ease.
What then is your put off about yourself?
The way I cry. I’m so emotional that I could shed tears easily when I’m hurt. This I would consider my weakness. I try curbing it but sometimes it’s a bit difficult.
What lesson has life taught you as an actress?
Life has taught me that life its self is a dice, you never know what comes next
What is your life philosophy?
My life philosophy is never to relent, you are never too late or too old to set a new goal.
What thrills you most about life and being a woman?
What thrills me most about life is that life is beautiful and ugly but it depends on how you wish to see it. Then of course, motherhood thrills me most about being a woman.
What stands you out in the midst of your colleagues?
Being just myself makes me stand out in the midst of friends, fans and colleagues.
Name movies you have starred in?
I have starred in Edidi, Ojuse, Olalekan, Irawo, Oluwere, Nowhere To Be Found, Majemu, Mona, Oga and many more I may not remember for now.
Which one is the most challenging one?
Edidi is most challenging because we had to shoot and reshoot the whole movie after it was stolen.
Which of them brought you to the limelight and why? Edidi brought me to the limelight because it was so emotional and people who watched it loved my character.
In the Yoruba movie world, who are you aspiring to be like and why?
I would want to be like myself but the people I respect so much are Opeyemi Aiyeola, Joke Silver and Bimbo Akintola.
Let’s talk about fashion, what does fashion mean to you?
Fashion to me means freedom, the way we express ourselves of how we feel at a particular time. It’s the true definition of what we are trying to tell people about us at that particular time.
What is your personal style?
I won’t be able to define my personal style for now but definitely my mood and occasion determine what I wear or how I dress.





No comments:

Post a Comment