forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Monday, June 15, 2020

It pains me when people die of skin cancer due to bleaching creams- Winnie Amangele, Ex-beauty queen, plus-sized model cum artist (painter)

My dark complexion do boost my confidence- Queen Winnie Amangele, Miss Curvy Ebony Nigeria, 2016



Story By ADAEZE AMOS
  • My dark skin do boost my confidence




    • Black is indeed beautiful


Queen Winnie Amangele,  an ex beauty queen from Bayelsa State says it pains her when people die  of skin cancer that ought to have been prevented. "Health experts have said that the major cause of skin cancer is bleaching which of course is the corrosive removal of skin melanin that ought to protect the skin from UV rays. So, based on this explanation, it honestly annoys me when patients die of skin cancer due to bleaching creams. I'm one dark complexioned person that  has never tried bleaching my skin before and I will never do it. What for? I love my black complexion with a passion," she commences, proudly.

  Miss Curvy Ebony Nigeria, 2016 said those selling bleaching creams/ toning creams would have closed shop if left for her. "Reason being that I would not patronize them. Every dark complexion to me is beautiful because black is natural. Remember that researchers have also said that increasing melanin on the skin may  help block processes in the body that could lead to skin cancer. So, what are you talking about?  How can you have this and desire something else? (She giggles). It is a blessing to be dark skinned. If your boyfriend doesn't like you because you are dark, don't worry, another man  who loves natural beauty would come for you, simple!"
She said that it pains her when some ladies who bleach their skin start battling with such side effects as "skin redness, blisters, skin ulcers, scaly skin,swelling, itching, burning and tenderness. Who doesn't know that it is much easier to maintain a dark complexion?  With just a little coconut oil and Shea butter you are good to go," she says.
 M/s Amangele, a professional Artist (painter) and  a plus-sized model said she has never regretted being dark. "I have never regretted or felt unsecured about my complexion.  It helps to boost my confidence.I am that dark,   plus sized lady in the room with so much confidence that every one wants to meet."
 When asked if her dark complexion has ever paved way for her, she answered hurriedly. "Yes!  Several opportunities have come my way because of my complexion.  One of which was the time of the  first ever Plus-Size Fashion Week in  2017 which took place in Lagos Nigeria.  I went for the first casting as a professional model, but due to one or two things I wasn’t selected for reasons best known to the organizers. So, there was another private casting that happened with Auntie Joan  Okorodudu  the CEO of Isis Modeling Agency for the same show.  So, the selected models were invited for the casting.  I only  accompanied my friend  to the casting.  After their walk,  Auntie Joan saw me and came to me and  asked if I wasn’t there for the casting, I said no, that I just accompanied my friend. She asked me if I was a model and I said yes , she asked if I would like to try I said sure. I quickly  did my catwalk, she clapped and asked why I wasn’t in the show.  I told her I wasn’t selected, she was surprised and asked her assistant to make sure I was part of the show. That was how I was picked for that great fashion show.  She couldn’t stop talking about how much she loved my complexion and how she traveled to Kenya  to scout for dark skinned models.  She also loved my dark birthmark on my face (giggles). I would say my dark complexion has been opening doors of success for me because there are so many other incidences like that," she says, laughing loudly.
"Bottom line is, I was part of the show because someone (Auntie Joan) appreciated my dark complexion. That very incident  boosted my confidence.  I never knew  my complexion could  really be appreciated that way."
 Winifred Amangele is an ex-beauty queen  who has worked with such clothing brands as Makioba , Von of Vonray,YUTEE, Selectibles, EREDAPPA, just to name a few. She has also  walked on such  platforms  as  Lagos Fashion and Designers  Week, Yellow Day and  Private Exhibitions 
  • "If your guy does not like your dark complexion, never worry a better guy would come"





















No comments:

Post a Comment