forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

I love to flaunt my fresh legs -Funmi Babalola, actress


Funmi Awelewa Babalola is an up-and-coming actress, model and fashion designer. In just two years in the industry, she has featured in about 20 top movies. She won the best model award last year. This rising star unfolds her lifestyle and what thrills her most about her acting career.

You studied Library Studies, why did you opt for acting as a career?
I have a great passion for acting. I came into the industry in August 2013.

Tell us some of the movies you have starred.
I have starred in ‘Wosi Kenke’, ‘Pepeye’, ‘Ropo Ijogbon’, ‘Ikoko Aje’, ‘Excursion’, ‘Ere-Ola’, ‘Adalute’, ‘Koto’, ‘Ise Ile Itura’, ‘Ebu Ika’ and others.

Which was most challenging?
The most challenging was my first movie which I just produced, entitled ‘Awelewa’. I played the role of ‘Morilli’, Ibadan girl with the Ibadan accent from beginning of the film to the end.

Have you ever regretted any role you played in a movie?
I have not. All the roles I have played are games as long as I’m concerned.

As an actress, what thrills you most?
Many things thrill me, such as seeing myself act as an old woman, poor girl, local girl, to being dynamic.

Had there been a crazy thing a male fan had ever done to you?
A male fan once walked up to me and pleaded with me to kiss him in public.

Would you have done that if it were in private?
Not at all.

What do you do to avoid stardom getting into your head?
I wasn't born with a silver spoon, neither was I born with a wooden one. So, looking back on the things I have passed through, I always make sure I don’t allow the success to get into my head. It has been God all the way.

Who are you aspiring to be like?
I want to be like Funmi Awelewa. I believe so much in myself and I don’t want to be like anyone in the acting world because I don’t know what their journey is all about. I put everything in God’s hands because He knows the best for everyone.

Which actor would you like to be paired to be able to interpret romance roles well?
I would like to be paired with Gabriel Afolayan because I see him as a fantastic actor.

If you were not acting, what would you have opted for?
Fashion-designing.

Can you relive your début experience in a movie set?
It was awesome.

If taking off your clothes in a movie would add meaning and life to the film, would you do it?
I would not.

How daring are you in romance movies?
I act according to the script, just as it’s scripted.

What part of your body do you love to flaunt?
My legs, because they are fresh.

What was the most scandalous story ever written about you?
The most scandalous story ever written was between me and Bidemi Kosoko. It was written that we were fighting because of Ibrahim Chatta. Bidemi and I had no issues and Chatta is just our senior colleague, no strings attached.

What are the qualities of your ideal man?
A man with ambition who’s God-fearing.

Can you marry a poor man?
Yes, I can marry a poor man with a better tomorrow, not a lazy man.

Where do you think our ladies are not getting it right fashion-wise?
Our ladies need to opt for what fits them and not because a style is trending in the fashion circle, you want to go for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment