forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Life has taught me to be myself no matter the situation-Abolanle Ruquryah Abdulsalam, actress


‘I love photography 'cos' pictures speak volumes’
 Abolanle Ruquryah Abdulsalam is cute and can’t be caught shabbily dressed.  She hails from Ado Town in Ekiti state. Third in the family of eight, this damsel had both her primary and secondary education in Ado. She had her university education in Lagos State University where she studied History And International Relations. She told ADAEZE AMOS in this chat why she left the English sphere of Nollywood for Yoruba movies
What do you have passion for in life?
 I have always loved to talk and defend people since my childhood. I hate cheating, I love to speak for the voiceless. Little wonder I intended to  study Law but my mother wasn't in support of that and you know what it means in Yoruba land when your parent is not in support of what you are doing or intend to do. She didn't change her mind for reasons best known to her till she passed on in 2002. May her soul rest in peace. It was after her death that I decided to go for acting.

Why acting after studying History and International Relations?
Yes, acting because I wanted to showcase my skill and acting prowess and here I am, (gesticulating and smiling) enjoying what I have always loved to do.
Can you trace the genesis of your acting career?
My acting career started in 2004 with the English sphere of Nollywood but due to the discrimination in that section of the industry I concentrated mainly in Yoruba movie genre. Also, the love I have for my language pepped me up into focusing all my attention in Yoruba movie industry since 2005 through the late Alade Aromire.
What part of your body do you flaunt proudly?
 I will say my face. I have smooth, spotless and beautiful face.
 What moves you into acting to Starr in a movie?
Good script! Whenever I see a good script, I always want to give it my best because I love challenging and meaningful roles. And by the script you can tell a good movie.
What puts you off men?
I detest lying. Surely, dishonesty puts me off.
 What lesson has life taught you as an actress?
Life has taught me so much as an actress, it has thought me to be selfless. To care for people around me and to give back to the society. Life has taught me to be cautious, well behaved and to be myself no matter the situation
What is your life philosophy?
With God all things are possible. Then of course, nothing good comes easy. I also believe that there is no harm in trying and if something didn’t work today, it doesn't mean it would never work. It’s always good to try new things and to always take any opportunity that presents itself.
What thrills you most about your acting career?
Calling me with Fb messenger in d middle of d night telling me i jst saw ur new job so try to keep d good work (smiles)
When you want to unwind, what do you do?
 I keep myself busy with photography.  I believe so much in photography because pictures they say speak volumes.
What makes you happy?
 Seeing people around me happy.
When you are told you are beautiful, how do you feel?
I thank god for the compliment because it is God that gives beauty and I have never allowed it get into my head for once.
What stands you out amongst your colleagues?
 I will say I'm like the other actresses but what makes me different is the fact that I do my things in my own way. I'm a goal getter, a one man Mopol, I always want to be responsible for every action I take. So that makes me extra ordinarily careful because nobody can influence my thoughts.  I don’t copy sheepishly, that stands me out.
Name movies you have starred in?
 Oba Ade Toyese, Aturota, Kulusoni, Folashade, Aje kan, Fikemi,Ewawumi, Ifedolapo,Single Ladies, Lima, Aworan Ife, Itakun Ife, Monsurat, Bulliaminu,Olorunlologun,Ahun, Ika, Eegunjehinmi, Adigunla, Ayaba Osha, Ori Adetu, Eminikan, Alaborun, Kosenitoye. In fact, I lost count. I have starred in over 30movies.
Which one was more challenging and why?

 Itakun Ife because I had to go out of my way to learn incantations and putting the movie together from pre-production to the production proper and post production was not an easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment