forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Friday, January 22, 2016

I’m endowed with good height and body structure-Sophia Dike, ex-Miss Afrik Queen International and 2015 Miss Nigeria contestant


‘I’m confidently beautiful ’
Sophia Adeola Dike, 23,  from Imo state bears a Yoruba name because "my paternal grandmother is from Abeokuta in Ogun state which makes me half Yoruba," she said.
In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, this black beauty talks about her life experience as a beauty queen.
 I graduated from Lead City University Ibadan, Oyo state where I studied Computer and Information Science and I’m currently doing my youth service. I am the last born in a family of six children but although I grew up in an extended family, I never lack the attention and care I required as the last born. I’m also a model and an upcoming actress. I love to listen to music, surf the internet and draw. In the year 2014, I participated in the AFRIK Queen International pageant in which I won. The Afrik Queen pageant  is a contest that promotes African culture and heritage amongst our young women. I could remember unlike other pageants, in the Afrik Queen pageant the contestants were given names of African women that made history in the cause of devoting their time and efforts on effecting positive changes in their societies. Also in Afrik Queen camp, we did vocational training to empower us.

‘My amazing personality stands me out’

What was the most remarkable thing about Afrik Queen Pageant?
The most remarkable thing about it was just that it was the first pageant I ever won.
What did you benefit from being Miss Afrik Queen in 2014?
What I benefited was good values, good morals and I learnt to always give back to the society.
You contested in Miss Nigeria Beauty Pageant last year, can you tell us about it?
The Miss Nigeria Pageant as we all know pride itself in empowering young women, promoting modesty and celebrating the beauty and virtues of an African woman.  I must tell you so far, it is the highest pageant I have ever participated in. It was an awesome experience. We started with the instagram challenge which was the second phase of the audition and in this, we were told to get people to like our pictures so as to boost our chances of making it to the Miss Nigeria camp (and did I mention that we were more than 50 girls? That is for you to know how tough it was). After this, 37 girls were selected and I was one of them. Last year’s edition was really spectacular because the Miss Nigeria Organization partnered with the Bank of Industry (BOI), a parastatal owned by the federal government, built to support enterprises across the nation from the micro to the apex. We had entrepreneurial workshop by the BOI team to make us business oriented and we had entrepreneurship challenge in which three winners emerged. Also we had catwalk training, etiquette class, aerobics, samba dance lesson and there was an eviction. We initially were 37 contestants but two delegates got evicted and we were left with 35 which made it to the finals and I was one of them. I came fifth and I’m grateful to God because I know it’s a good start for me.
Do you hope to go for international beauty pageants?
Yes, I hope one day I would represent our giant nation, Nigeria in a reputable international pageant and hopefully, I would win.
What are some lapses in the Nigerian pageant industry?
Of course there are lapses and the first is that some pageant organizers don’t keep to their promises. And the idea of a pageant contestants selling tickets is wrong. Some pageant organizers even pressure their delegates and threaten them that they would loose their chances of winning if they don’t raise a certain figure. Out of fear of loosing, they end up going at any length to sell the tickets just to meet the target. I also find it wrong when some pageant queens don’t know their duties as beauty queens. Some pageant queens don’t even carry out pet projects anymore.
What part of your body can you flaunt proudly?
First and foremost I’m endowed with a good height and body structure, enchanting physiognomy. Also I’m a hard working, relatable and versatile person. And with my amazing personality, I can add to the growth of a brand. I can flaunt any part of body (and of course except the sensitive parts of my body).
What do you think girl child benefits from beauty pageants?
Beauty pageant is a good platform for women empowerment. Asides from making us acknowledge the beauty God has given to us, it also enables young women to campaign for social issues that need our attention in the society. It exposes a young woman positively to the society.
What thrills you most about beauty pageants?
What thrills me about beauty pageants is that it clearly makes the society aware that there is a lot to being a woman. It celebrates beauty and brain and it is also a means to give back to the society.
What stands you out?
My amazing personality stands me out from the crowd. I’m a goal getter and I’m confidently beautiful with a good heart.
Can you define your personal style?
Well, style is an expression of who you are and because of this, I mind how I dress. I ensure that my dressing is impeccable and modest.
Some beauty queens consider marriage less important, what’s your opinion on this?
Well, in my own opinion marriage is important in the life of every woman because it gives you more honour and respect.
What is the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
I remember a guy came to me and said, are you Sophia? Then I replied and the next thing he did was to give me a peck. I was shocked and pissed but I kept calm and the next thing he said was that ‘I have heard a lot about you, you are amazing, then he left.
What lesson has life taught you?
A lot! But one lesson I will always hold on to is that I should always make the best out of every situation I find myself. If life gives you lemon, use it to make lemonade and sell it for profit. I don’t have to fit in because I was born to stand out.





No comments:

Post a Comment