forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Friday, January 22, 2016

As a beauty queen, I have learnt to be reserved-Oloye Sandra Azana, Miss Curvy Nigeria- Photogenic

‘My style varies with the season’

Oloye Sandra Azana  is a final year student of Theatre Arts, Delta State University  and a plus-size model. Presently she is the reigning queen, the Miss Curvy Nigeria- Photogenic. In this press chat with ADAEZE AMOS she talks about her lifestyle and dress sense.
You won a beauty crown, Miss Curvy Nigeria, photogenic, what interesting thing about this pageant thrills you most?
Yes, winning the crown Miss Curvy Nigeria Photogenic is just a stepping stone to my dream. The most interesting thing about this pageant was meeting plus-size models that do not shy away in shell but are proud of what they do and motivate each other. (Smiles) I’m a determined person in whatever I do. I love my job as a model so I put myself out there, learn the ropes, and most of all I love the camera.

What have you used your platform to achieve for yourself and humanity?
Becoming  Miss Curvy Nigeria Photogenic has helped me a lot in terms of recognition, confidence and of course meeting people with intellect. I’m currently planning out my pet project ‘Plus is the new sexy’. It is a project for fabulous and thick ladies to come out from their shell and love their body.
 What stands you out in the midst of other stunning beauties?
What stands me out from other beauties is my dedication to what I do.
Beauty is a great door opener, discuss?
Yes, I believe that beauty is a great door opener but that depends on our concept of beauty. I am beautiful, you are beautiful and every one is beauty in their own way. I believe a person’s beauty should reflect in everything she does and not just in appearance. For instance, your beauty alone would not get you a crown. There are beautiful ladies everywhere who do not even have a single crown attached to their beauty. Your character, self discipline, ability to serve, dedication and intelligence are great door openers as long as great opportunities are concerned.
What do you think are some of the things Nigerian Beauty Queens are not doing well you wish to use this medium to correct?
Nigerian beauty queens all represent different brands and organizations. They are all stunning queens in their own way. So, I don’t think there is anything I wish to correct because though the crown is glamorous, they have their struggles.
What lesson has life taught you as a beauty queen?
As a beauty queen, I have learnt to be reserved, slow to anger, think positively and work harder than before and of course represent my brand in the best way I can
What is your life philosophy?
My life philosophy is what is what doing is worth doing well
To mothers who feel that beauty pageant is unnecessary exposure to girl child, reach out to them?
To such mothers I say that if your daughters wish is to become a beauty queen, I would advise you to give her the freedom to pursue her goals because you never can tell when her star would shine. You might be that beautiful mother singing Haliluha on the altar when she bring home fortune and fame.
Fashion is meant to cover your flaws and flaunt your good sides. What part of you can you flaunt proudly?
I’m a very fashionable person in my own way, my style varies with the season. The part of me I flaunt proudly any day, anywhere, anytime is my smile because of my beautiful dentition. All thanks for my mother for that special quality.
If you are asked to model a product, what would be your new tactics/concept you would use to make the best? What is the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
If I’m asked to model a product my tactic and concept would depend solely on the type of product but my very first step would be making my research and learning about the product.
What’s your beauty ritual?
 My foremost beauty ritual is my nap. I don’t joke with my afternoon rest. It is always my best form of relaxation for me. The other one is a facial wash in the evening.
Who do you admire so much in the beauty world?
In the beauty world, it definitely would be Miss Collette Nwadike, ex- Miss Tourism Nigeria and presently the reigning queen Exquisite Face of the Universe. I have never met her in person but I feel her positive vibes and her hard work.  
Who are the Nigerian beauty queens you admire?

The Nigerian beauty queens I admire are Miss Collette Nwadike, I have mentioned her before. I also admire Queen Shelly Ogbise, the current Miss Curvy Nigeria, Culture. I admire Miss Ezeinne Akudo, ex-Miss Nigeria Beauty Queen. These three ladies have contributed positively to the lives of Nigerians in one way or the other. They are great role models in the field and hard working in what they do.

2 comments: