forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Thursday, January 21, 2016

I use my flute to influence people positively- Ebele Ezeamakam, First Nigerian female flutist


Elegant

 
‘With my flute, broken homes would be mended this Valentine’
By ADAEZE AMOS
Ebele Ezeamakam fondly known as Ebele D’ Flutist is fun to be with. This tall, chocolate skinned lady is reserved and loves God with a passion. She is the CEO of Ebele’s world. She bagged a degree in Accounting and a post graduate degree in Business Administration from Benson Idahosa University, Benin. She tells you more about herself. “I run a company known as Ebele’s World which  comprises of music training, talk show, health and fitness and the flute. I’m happy today that I’m an expert in the flute. I started playing the flute at a young age of 14. I was inspired by a Philippine lady who taught me how to play it. She also borrowed me her flute to use because my parents were not given their concentration on me learning it. They wanted me to face my studies not learning flute. But later my dad bought me my first flute at age 14 when he was invited to the school and saw me playing it confidently,” she recalled.
Cute

It never occurred to this Accountant that at a time in her life, she would be popular because of the flute. “No, not at all! I never knew I would be this known due to my flute. All glory to God. My flute has taken me to a lot of places. I have toured the world due to my flute. I travel out to entertain people using my flute. And I think I’m admired and appreciated the more outside my country," she recalled.
Interestingly, she composes songs using her flute. “I compose songs and God has been my ultimate inspiration when it comes to my songs. I get inspired when I meditate or when I’m praying and also when I’m in a thanksgiving mood,” she nodded.

Ebele D’ Flutist has really empowered a lot of people with her flute. “I believe a lot of people have been empowered with my flute especially since I started giving music flute training tips online. For now, it’s online thing, people read and get inspired by my teaching in my fan page on facebook. But soon, I would have a school for everyone who is interested in musical instruments and in music generally to enroll for learning,” she said.
She is the only female Nigerian flutist, for now “and I see it as a challenge to sit up and work. Though we have other female who play, but they play in classical forms. What makes me the first female flutist in Nigeria is because I have been able to use the flute to play different genres of songs. I’m really grateful to God for this,” she giggled.
The diva said she has been using this God-given talent to glorify God, but how has she been doing this you may ask. “ I do this by using my flute to influence  people positively. I listen to God and whatever He directs me to do to uplift His name, that I do without asking questions,” she enthused.
These days that so many Nigerian women are doing extra ordinary positive things in so many facets of life that are male dominated, she feels happy about that. “Oh sure, I am damn proud of womanhood. Women are going places. Nigerian women are doing their best in different walks of life. I’m convinced now that whatever a man can do, a woman can do even better. When a woman puts her energy in anything, she goes all out,” she gesticulated.
Valentine’s Day is a few weeks from now, and this amazon says she getting set to evoke spirit of love for couples using her flute. “(Giggles). Sure why not? With my flute and songs I would release from it, broken homes would be mended. Music is power, remember? (Laughs loudly). So, if I’m invited to functions for couples, I would give in my best, trust me! I have done this previously, many times and I had positive results.
You use your flute to make people happy, what makes you happy as a person?
Watching people touched by my music and getting wowed when I perform make me happy,” she said.
Some female Nigerians who do extraordinary things have said they are appreciated more outside the country, does this also apply to her? “That’s true in a way because when you perform outside Nigeria, they pay well, showing that they appreciate you. But most places in Nigeria don’t pay, some tell you they would promote your brand, while some pay little. It’s few places that really pay well here. Well, right now, I send my charge before coming to any program. Nigerians appreciate good music but it’s the paying that we have problem with. This should be redefined, good music, good pay,” she asserted.
Care to know what she does whenever she is down? “I meditate on God’s goodness.  And then of course I play my flute and when I play my flute nothing else matters.
The first time she played flute before a large, she wasn’t frightened. That sounds interesting. “That was interesting really. I wasn’t frightened at all.  I was 14 then, I played in a crowd. I was being examined, and I did very well so much that my dad ordered my first flute. I wasn’t frightened,” she shrugged.
Ever graceful
The diva in action

No comments:

Post a Comment