forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Monday, March 21, 2016

‘Models in this part of the world are labeled 'sex objects' and it hurts me’


‘Craziest thing a male fan did to me? Racing after me just to tell me I look beautiful’

Elum Onyebuchi Blessing, from Ossissa in Ndokwa East Local Government Area in Delta state is young model who loves fashion runways and striking hot poses before paparazzi with a passion. She is also an ex- beauty queen, the Miss Theatre  Arts of Delta State University.  She condemned the way and manner models are treated with disdain in our society. 


A bit more on yourself?
 I'm currently a student of Delta State University, Abraka and I’m studying Theatre Arts and in my final year.

What do you remember about your childhood with great nostalgia?
I remember having great childhood experiences but what  would be retentive  in my memory for long is the when I won award and a prize as the best athlete in primary school.

As a model, what thrills you most about modeling?
 What thrills me most about modeling is the way everything goes from the dress ups to striking hot poses and the cameras. In fact, I’m thrilled basically by everything about modeling 

When did you start modeling?
My modeling career started in 2013 immediately after winning the Miss Theatre Arts of Delta State University. Then I was in my first year in the university.  This was actually what gave me the courage to opt for modeling as a career.

Who are Nigerian models you admire and why?
 Hmm...I really admire Oluchi Onweagba and Damilola Adegbite because both have beautiful hearts.  They are professionals in their field. They have also got  poise, swag and elegance. I also cherish Tyra Banks a lot.. She's humble and knows what she wants as a model. She has positive attitude for everything confronting her and amazingly she is a goal-getter

What do you have to say about the fact that in a society like ours, models are not highly respected?
 In a society like ours, models are not highly respected and that hurts because I’m one of them. Models in this part of the world are labeled 'sex objects' and that is painful. I know what I’m saying and I pray this stops. There are times you introduce yourself as a model for instance and you get this awkward look from the person. This should please stop. We are responsible ladies and not hawkers.  

Define your personal style?
My personal style is chic and unique. I don't really like what is common or what every lady wears. I create my own styles and stick to them. More so, I consider comfort often when I’m choosing what to wear. I don’t dress to impress people. I dress for myself and make sure I look good in whatever I choose to wear.

Your advice to fashion designers?
 My advice to fashion designers is that they should try and incorporating more wearable designs than couture outfits because most couture dresses can't be worn on a daily basis.. In my own opinion, designers would be patronized the more if they would make ready to wear dresses the more and that would bring in more money to then.

What do you think our modeling world lacks?
What our modeling industry lacks is seriousness and this is because of the way we are perceived in the society.  If models can be taken more seriously it would affect everything we do.This is a major lapse in our industry today

 Fashion covers our flaws and flaunt our hot sides if need be, what part of you do you consider hot?
 I consider myself attractive. I love my tummy and I see my shape as hottest part of me. I can flaunt it without being scared since its flat. My eyes are also great (giggled)

Can you relieve your first time on the fashion runway? Were you scared?
 Everything has a first time so its normal to be scared. My first time on the runway was challenging. I was scared and at the same time was bothered about what was running through the minds of the audience. But it later went well.

What fashion item forms a larger part of your wardrobe?
Jeans  and gowns. Reason is that I love simple styles that's everyday chic.

What lesson has life as a model taught you?
 Life as a model has thought me to face everyday like it's my last because you don't know what you can get. Life is indeed a mystery!

Your life philosophy?
My philosophy of life is being myself and believing in myself.

What was the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
 There was a guy that ran after me just to tell me how beautiful I look. I consider it crazy because of the distance he ran.

What actually stands you out on the red carpet?
My attitude and charisma.




No comments:

Post a Comment