forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Life has taught me that the Bible is right when it says the arm of flesh will fail-Theresa Edem-Isemin, actress


‘For romance roles, I wouldn’t mind being paired with Richard Mofe Damijo’

Theresa Edem-Isemin, the Tinsel babe is a rising star, an actress who loves her career with a passion, a God-lover, a wife, an only daughter, and a writer. “I have a few books coming out soon,” she enthused. 
This diva is a graduate of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), with a B Tech in Animal Science and Technology “yes because, I love animals,” she said.
 In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS she talked about life as an actress, lesson life has taught her and many more.

Excerpts:
What really attracted you to Nigeria soap operas /movie industry and when did you start noticing the passion for acting in you?
 I have always been drawn to the arts. I started out in my nursery school drama club, then, I moved on to church plays. The passion just kept burning and it has brought me to where I am today.

When you are given a role to interpret what is your way of approaching it?
  I have different techniques but my favorite is the magic "What if?"  I ask myself, "What if this was happening to me?" and that just puts me in the moment.
If you weren’t an actress, what would have opted for?
If I wasn't an actress, I'd be a vet. I'd also be a tourism consultant, a baker, and a designer – Haha!
If in the nearest future your hubby insists you quit acting, would you oblige him?
 Truth is I don't know what I would do, what I do know is that family comes first! Thankfully my husband is 100% supportive of my acting career,  so i guess I will never have to go down that road.
What part of your lifestyle do you miss now that you are a celebrity and there is no hiding place for you?
I miss being able to do just anything.
What price did you pay to get to where you are in the Nigeria movie world?
 I paid the price of diligence and persistence even in the face of rejection and failure.
Asides from Tinsel a popular Soap opera on DSTV, what other soap/movies have you starred in?
Asides Tinsel, I’m also on Hotel  Majestic, After The Proposal, Trapped on Iroko TV, Baker's Daughter, A Girls Note, to name a few.
What lesson has life taught you?
 Life has taught me that the Bible is right when it says the arm of flesh will fail. I've learnt to depend on  God only. everything else is sinking sand.
Life philosophy?
 My life philosophy is that you are what you think, say and believe.
What was the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
Oh a fan once  got my number from God knows where and stalked me for ages, sometimes he wouldn’t  talk, he would just breathe on the phone,  scary stuff.
What was your childhood like?
 My childhood was amazing, I had a blast as a kid and I always had my way. What I miss most about those days is my dad, bless his soul. He was the best dad ever.
For romance roles, which very actor would you like to be paired with to bring out the best in you?
 I would not mind being paired with Richard Mofe Damijo fondly known as RMD, why because he's RMD (laughs).
Can you define your style?
My style I would say is simple but elegant. Less is more!
What is the fashion item that forms a large part of your wardrobe?
 The fashion item that I cannot do without is my snickers/boots. They are super comfy and comfy is good.
What is the favourite part of your body?
 My favourite part of my body is my lips. It's different and I love it. I used to get teased about my lips when I was younger and I hated it but now it’s my favorite body part and I would flaunt it all day, anytime.
What stands you out on the red carpet?
 I'd say my personality stands me out on the carpet, if you know what I mean.
What is that vogue you won’t go close to?
 I won’t go close to random and uncalled nudity on social media or any platform because I do not think it’s right. That’s my opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment