forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Attention brides! Ponder over these bridal make-up tips by Susan Adejoh, an ex-beauty queen cum bridal make-up artist






Are you getting prepared for your wedding and you want a flawless make-up? Then read this short piece.


It is true that Susan Adejoh, an ex-beauty queen is an Accountant by profession but she is focused  on what she has a big passion for; which of course is make-up artistry. Wonder why an Accountant should ignore some juicy banking jobs for bridal make-up, skin therapy and cosmetology? "I have always loved colours and beauty and it has been my passion to make friends look beautiful right from my childhood. So, make-up artistry I would say is my safe haven, it makes me happy. Remember when you are passionate about something from childhood you just will always find your way around it even after studying a different course in the university. That is exactly what happened to me. I studied Accounting from Kogi State University and I'm happy with what I do for a living. It pays my bills, no doubt," she shrugs.


Another reason she opted for skin therapy, make-up and spa is that "because I am an ex beauty Queen, I won the crown of The Face Of Democracy Northern Queen 2016 to be precise, it has been easy to wear my make-up jettisoning make-up mistakes even if I’m in a hurry. This simply means that I know make-up  to my fingertips.”
 Queen Susan, as she is fondly known by friends and fans is the founder of Every Child Is A Gem,  her pet project  which she started  during her tenure as the Miss Kogi Finest in 2017. After Miss Kogi Finest, she participated in another pageant and also won." I was crowned The Best Queen Ever After in 2018. I also had The Best Queen Ever Award because of my beehive activities during my tenure."
Going down memory lane, she recounted her journey into make-up and cosmetology after graduating as an Accountant “ In the makeup world, you have to undergo different phases to qualify as a professional make-up artist. There is what we call The Novice Class, The Master Class and The Professional Class. I went through these three stages to arrive at the stage I am now. So being a make-up artist means you have to be trained to carry out make-up professionally. Now, I do bridal make-up as well and I am a professional. Hence my advice to every bride is to get for your self a trained bridal make-up artist to pamper your face and give you the best. You deserve it!  Asking your friend who is not a professional to handle your make-up is a big no!"
She says if an unprofessional should handle your make-up, “chances are that you may end up having too much concealer/foundation on you face while trying hard to cover some blemishes/acne on your face. Majority of people who are not seasoned in make-up artistry usually think that too much concealer would result in that desired and flawless look. But that's a big mistake because as they say too much of everything is bad. So such a situation always come out bad because with time the concealer/foundation would begin to wax out. So it’s always better to allow a good make-up artist to handle your make-up and  hide all the imperfections on your face wisely."
The third make-up blunder brides often commit according to this professional is "overdoing facial procedures: Reason is that so many brides feel the need to look perfect on their wedding, hence they always opt for extreme facial procedures. Although it is good to go for facial procedures, but be mindful of the kind of treatments you opt for . It’s advisable to avoid overdoing facial treatments and even avoid some kind of treatments when it is too close to your wedding day. Reason is that such decisions would lead to some hard consequences."
  Has she ever impacted her world? "Sure I have!  I once organized a Seven-Days-Youth Empowerment-Program which was mainly focused on the female gender. They were taught how to empower themselves through different entrepreneurial skills such as make-up, bag/shoe making, soap making and lots more. I ensured that they were taught by professionals in various skills.”

Story By ADAEZE AMOS
.

No comments:

Post a Comment