forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Friday, June 26, 2020

It worries me why nobody seems to care or talk about people living with arthritis-Felicity Akachukwu, founder of Save The Arthritis Patients (SAP)



Story By ADAEZE AMOS
Felicity Akachukwu,  the founder of Save The Arthritis  Patients (SAP)  is worried about  the way and manner many people talk about such ailments as cancer, diabetes, blood pressure, HIV, cardiac arrest, Covid-19 to mention but a few without mentioning arthritis. It's not only the above mentioned ailments that have the tendency to torture  one's life and perhaps kill. "Arthritis too can cause so much pains," she commenced.
According to her, people living with arthritis go through so much pains that they cry like babies when the crisis starts. And that was what gave birth to her pet project. Hear her:  "Save The Arthritis Patients(SAP) has always been what I wanted to work on. Thank God I have started. The reason I chose SAP as a pet project is because  I have someone close to me who suffers arthritis  and that's my dad. Its been quite a challenging and painful experience  for him.  Initially, I knew nothing about arthritis, I used to think it's one small  ailment with an easy cure. But I was wrong. I never knew it's very painful."

"So, creating awareness for this painful health problem and assisting those who suffer it is now my utmost priority, and I've started from  my dad and some patients I met in the hospital where my dad was admitted.  People who suffer arthritis have difficulty moving around and require good rest, good food and healthy lifestyle, and this requires money at some point.  I know its very challenging and I can't practically cater for all patients, but I hope to go far with my project. I'm using this opportunity to say sorry to those suffering from this ailment in their closets. And pray that one day, your cases would be looked into."
She says her pet project is open to ideas and supporters. "And those whose close ones are having this ailment shouldn't  ignore what they are going through. Come out and join me lets create awareness about their pains and see if help would come from somewhere."
Felicity is also a beauty queen. She is the current Most Beautiful Girl (Culture) In Kwara State and a model.


1 comment: