forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Social media is now flooded with sad stories that dampen my mood-Queen Mercy Ndubusi, Political Scientist



Story By ADAEZE AMOS
Queen Mercy Ndubuisi , is not only beautiful. She is both  brawn  and brains. Aside from being a Political Scientist she also had a masters degree in Public Administration from Nasarawa State University keffi.  While she was in the university, participating in so many beauty pageants and clutching numerous diamond-studded  crowns but she was not deterred from studying hard and coming out in flying colours. “During my university days, I participated in so many beauty pageants and winning almost all yet I was serious with my studies. I took part in the Miss Go University and I happen to be the first runner up in 2010. I wasn’t satisfied with that position, then I contested for the Face Of Pemvim in 2016 and won. I also took part in the Face of New Haven Nigeria 2017 pageant, and I got the crown. Then of course, there were  Face Of Sanda Southeast in 2017 and Face of Aminity Global in 2018 and I emerged as the winner in both pageants. But guess what excites me about the whole thing? I was still very much focused on my studies because my mother had drummed it into my ears that an empty-headed beauty queen should always hide her face in shame. So, I had to study hard.”

But one very thing that bothers this stunning beauty queen who also won such awards  as (Award Of Excellence 2018,  Fast Rising Queen of the year 2019, Outstanding Queen of the year, Next Rated Beauty Queen of the year 2019 to mention but a few) is the way and manner social media is flooded with bad/sad stories.  “There is no day I log into social media that I would not read stories that would dampen my mood. Every morning after my prayers, the next thing I do is to check stories that are trending on line. And I have always felt sad due to one story or the other. I shed tears at times. I don’t know how others cope with such sad stories. But me personally, I know that at times I cry in my closet. When I realized that I can’t just be going on like this, what I now do is to pray more and look out for light at the end of my tunnel. I firmly believe in the notion of seeing light at the end of the tunnel, that’s where I anchor my hopes and strength on. I believe that the future holds greater things for us, and we have to be alive to witness those great things. Once there is life, there is hope. So, I now seriously focus on the good sides of life asking God for life.  I occupy myself with positive energy, and I focus myself on great goals and ambition. With these on my mind, I try to forge on,” she said, in an emotion laden voice.




1 comment: