forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I would never use sex to curry favour-Aniebiet Francis, actress cum movie producer

'A male fan once grabbed my boobs and ran'
  Aniebiet Francis, a dynamic,  uprising Nollywood actress, from Ikot Obong Edong in Ikot Ekpene Local Government of Akwa Ibom state is a writer, a movie producer and the co-ordinator of Conscience Alive Foundation, an NGO that takes care of accident victims. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, she talks about embrassments from male fans


Aside from acting, what else do you do?
I’m also into humanitarian services because I have passion for it.

A bit on your educational background?
I graduated from University of Calabar where I read Genetics and Biotechnology.

What lured you into acting?
Well, since the age of six, I have always been interested in acting, which made me join the drama group in my church and secondary school. And my outstanding performances made me so popular, coupled with my good academic performances, I was appointed the Assitant Senior Prefect of the school in the year 2000.
Can you name some movies you have starred in?
Mixed Feelings, Beneath Her Veil, Where Does Beauty Go, Akan, Nollywood Scandal, New Mainstreet, Daddy’s Girls, Iquo’s Journals, When To Die, Black Bird and so others I may not remember off hand.

Which of them was more challenging and why?
When To Die was more challenging  because I had to walk, talk and smile as a detective. I had to learn how to hold a gun, cuff a suspect. I had to get rid of my catwalks and all that.

Which movie brought you to the limelight?
Mixed Feelings brought me out because I played a sub lead in that movie.

As a movie producer, which movies did you produce?
My first movie as a producer is a short  movie titled One Bright Morning. It’s a film that highlights dangers of misplace prioritites at an accident scene in Nigeria.

What thrills you most in what you do as an actress?
What thrills me most is my artistic interpretations of movie roles. Another thing that makes me happy about acting is the press interviews that goes with stardom as an actress. There is also this peace and inner joy I derive from acting.

What have you been doing right to overcome the problems of sexual harassment in Nollywood?
The battle of sexual harassment is continuous in a girl’s life. This does not only happen in Nollywood but also in other industries and esterblishments. So, how I have managed to come this far without succumbing to the pressures of sexual harassment is my mindset which is sex is not a currency for any trade. I would never  use it to curry favour from anyone.

What is your worst fear in life?
Failure has always been my worst fear in life.

What lesson has life taught you?
Lessons learnt so far is that passion and grace are two major things that can take one to stardom.

Life philosophy?
No man is rich enough to buy back his past. Don’t do or say things you will not be proud of in future.

When you are less busy, what do you do to unwind?
I play music and strip tease in my room for my girl friends.

Who would you love to be paired with in romance roles to bring out the best from you?
I have not done any movie that requires much romance yet, bit I always do my best to breath life into any character I interpret. But to answer your question I wouldn’t mind being paired with Majid because I love his delivery. And if not that I have made up my mind never to date an actor, I wouldn’t mind having a crush on him.

Meaning that you can’t date an actor?
No, I don’t like dating colleagues. Drama is imminent in such relationships.

What is your NGO all about?
My NGO flagged off an awareness campaign for a rapis and effective response to accident scenes.

Will you be able to interpret semi-nude roles?
No, I wouldn’t be able to do so. My mother is a founder of a church.

What is the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to?
A male fan once grabbed my boobs and ran




No comments:

Post a Comment