forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Monday, May 16, 2016

‘Enough of this! I’m walking out of my marriage’ (2)


model
This is the continuation of Rita and Nelson’s story. Rita was due for marriage but she wasn’t desperate until her mum started being a pain in her neck. She was always asking when she would bring suitor home. Because of her mum, she didn’t make noise about her 32nd birthday because her mother complained when she celebrated 30 without a man to call her own. Below is the rest of the story.

So, when Rita heard about the crusade that was taking place around Presidential Road, Ogui Road in Enugu, “I remembered my mother’s advice to go to church regularly and get closer to God for Him alone would set me free from every curse of late marriage that runs in our family. I decided to put a call to her first. I needed to know more about my family line and the very curse she made mentioned of. When I called mum on her phone, she picked when her phone rang  just twice. She was always with her handset and never had any missed call.  She would always remind me to carry my phone with me even to the bathtub and keep it away from water, ‘because you never can tell when a phone call that would change your life would come. She had told me that several times but I wasn’t just good taking my phones wherever I go. At times, I forget them at work, right inside my office and mum’s missed calls are usually uncountable (giggles). I knew she loved me so much and she wished me the very best that life could offer. But this my marriage issue started making me avoid her calls,” she enthused.
Rita was encouraged by her mum to attend the crusade. She reminded her to go with her Bible. And promised backing her up in prayers. “I had to quickly get a Bible as mum insisted. She never believed in the idea of having a soft copy Bible in my tab, that’s the one I preferred but mum preferred the hard copy  Bible that is sizeable enough so that I could be keeping it right under my pillow whenever I wanted to sleep. I had to obey her and bought one. When I told her on the phone that I just bought King James version, you needed to have seen how she screamed joyfully. She then told me that Psalm 91 was a must read before going to bed. Mum had been very religious, I wondered why she had not been able to break whatever curse she said was affecting me,” she stressed.
At the crusade ground, was seated a young man in his mid 30s. He too just bought a new Bible “because I saw him writing his name on it. That was when I remembered that I hadn’t written my name on mine. I quickly brought it out and waited to use his pen. When he was done, he gave me his pen without waiting for me to ask. When I was through, he said I should keep it that he had a spare. So, that I would be able to jot down the sermon. That was how we got talking and eventually became friends before the crusade was over. He promised to complete the remaining four days. He drove me home and while in the car we chatted. We talked about our country, the government, Lagos traffic and how reckless some commercial bus drivers were. We never discussed personal matters. But he told me his profession and what he does for a living. I told him a bit of myself-what I studied, how I came to live in Lagos and of course about my mum. He smiled, he smiled often and he looked finer when he smiled,” she said.
The remaining four days of the crusade was “awesome. Nelson and I had made up our minds to be attending the church. We met the pastor of the church, introduced ourselves and indicated our interest. The last night of the crusade wasn’t long, so Nelson decided to give me dinner. I noticed I couldn’t eat as much as I used to because my system was getting used to the fasting program. Nelson said he started fasting two days to the crusade. That was what made me curious. I asked what he was expecting from God. He only said he needed God’s intervention in every aspect of his life. I didn’t hide mine. I told him that I needed God to bring my own man because I needed to get married so that my mum would let me be. At that, Nelson laughed long,” she said.
They both became members of the small church in their neighbourhood. “Aside from being members of same church, we became friends which later culminated into something more serious. When Nelson proposed marriage, my mum was the first person I told,” she recalled.

To be continued.      


No comments:

Post a Comment