forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

'My ideal lady has to be intelligent, beautiful and simple'

‘I was almost knocked down by a fan...for not having a car’

 Adeyemi Lanre Ayodeji, an actor and  movie producer bagged his first degree in Business Administration at the University Of Benin. He is currently running his Master’s programme. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, he talks about life as an actor and unforgettable experiences from fans.


Why did you opt for acting?
 I opted for acting after studying Business Administration because of my love for acting right from when I was young. 
Why did you choose to act in Yoruba movies?
Yoruba movie industry gave me the opportunity to act. I wouldn’t mind trying my hands on English movies or even gospel oriented movies.
What is the most challenging role you have interpreted?
That was in a movie titled Girigiri which was produced by Odunlade Adekola. I played the role of a herbalist’s son. I was cunning in the movie somehow. I just noticed people started calling me Omo babalawo (herbalist’s son) after the release of the movie. That also helped to shoot me to the limelight.
Who would you love to be paired with for romance roles?
 Anybody, as long as the person is a professional. I don't think I will have any problem on set with a professional.
 Name some of the movies you have starred in?
 I have featured in such movies as Girigiri, Basej Obi, Akoba Gafara, Sisi Caro, Oruko, Owu Alantakun to mention but a few.
What is the major problem confronting Yoruba movie industry?
 Funding is one of them. Honestly, this has effect on the production of our movies and it is really killing the quality of our jobs.
 What are the qualities of your ideal lady?
She has to be intelligent, resourceful, beautiful and simple. And amazingly, I have such a woman in my life. I wouldn’t want to mention her here because she doesn’t like it.  She prefers to be managing our home, so let me respect her privacy.
What is your philosophy?
 Do unto others as you would want them do to you.
What is that crazy thing a female fan did to you?

 It was when I was once hit by a fan for not having a car.  What happened is that I was on my way to Egbeda,  Lagos State for a party on that fateful day. When I alighted from  a bus  at Iyana Ipaja, I was walking briskly to get a bus to Egbeda.  Unexpectedly, I saw a lady driving very close to me as if she wanted to knock me down. When I was scared, the lady  said ‘sorry’, and that she was surprised to see me walking on the road without a car. That I ought to have been driving my car.  I could not do anything but laugh.

1 comment: