forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Monday, March 16, 2015

I regret being a woman-Ruth Eze, actress

‘In my next life, I would like to come as a man’

Ruth Eze studied Business Administration at the University of Benin, Edo State. She believes destiny has a hand in her becoming an actress. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, this great beauty speaks about her life in showbiz and stardom, among others.

How many movies have you starred in?
Honestly, they are so many that I have even lost count, but the most recent ones were ‘Malaysia Babes’ and ‘Crazy Coppers’.

Why did you opt for acting when you studied Business Administration?
That is my own calling. It is a gift from God, something I have passion for. My mum told me that when I was a little girl, I used to gather fellow kids together and would be entertaining them happily. They would even refuse to go while watching me. I usually did some funny drama before them. So, acting is an inborn thing...it flows in my blood. That is why I’m at home with any role I’m given to do. And I do it so well that it would fetch me more roles.

Which of your movies brought you into the limelight?
I will say ‘Pregnant Hawkers’ and ‘Desperate Hawkers’. These two movies lured many fans to me because they watched the two films and were impressed.

Which is most challenging?
They're all very challenging, but ‘Pregnant Hawkers’ happens to be the most challenging. In that movie, I played the role of Mary, the orange seller.

Tell us the actresses that drew you into the movie world.
Genevieve Nnaji and Mercy Johnson, Auntie Joke Silver and the ever beautiful Liz Benson. I love them all and I love their lifestyle. Watching their movies right from my university days lured me into Nollywood.

What is your impression about Nollywood now?
Well, Nollywood is growing, we are getting there gradually. A good step brings us closer to perfection. No child grows up to adulthood in one day. But the only major lapse confronting us (she paused) is piracy! I pray we deal with it before it wreaks more damage on our works.

How proud are you to be a woman in a male-dominated society as ours?

I regret being a woman. In my next life, I would rather come as a man. Yes, this is no joke because being a woman is hectic.

What thrills you most in life?
What thrills me most in life is that I’m a beautiful and brilliant woman with something meaningful to offer to the society. I’m glad that I’m beautiful with brains.

What do you enjoy most about acting?
Interpreting who I’m not; turning what is written into reality thrills me. And having families sit and enjoy my movies makes my day. Also, there is usually a great fun on the movie set.

Who would you love to be paired with in romance roles?

John Dumelu, the Ghanaian actor.

Can you interpret nude roles if the pay is fantastic?
I will not do any nude role, because it will not teach the younger generation anything good.

What are the attributes of your ideal man?
He has to be intelligent, hard working, God-fearing and honest. When a man has all these qualities, he would surely be rich.

What did you do right to wriggle out of the pains of heartbreak?
I have never had heartbreak before. I’m too sweet for any man to break my heart.

What is your philosophy of life?
My life philosophy is no big deal, it’s nothing too serious. Deliver your best in everything you do.

What lesson has life taught you?
Life has taught me never to give up no matter what the problem or how tedious the task is. I believe in pushing it, the best would happen.

And what puts you off people?
Lies and pretences.

Aside from acting, what else do you do for a living?
I’m into properties and decorations. I buy and sell properties.

What fashion items form a larger part of your wardrobe?
Shoes, of course, I love them a lot.

What do you think defines a lady at a quick glance?
Her sense of fashion.

What parts of your body would you like to flaunt proudly?
 My boobs!

Can you define your style?
My style is simple and classic.

Because of stardom, some actresses don’t see marriage as important. Are you also like them?

No, I’m not like that. Marriage is divine. So, I will like to settle down soon, but it’s only God that knows the ideal man.

What is the most disgusting movie role you have ever interpreted?
 That was kissing a girl in a movie, and she was touching and caressing me. That was disgusting because I’m not a lesbian.



No comments:

Post a Comment