forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Nigeria made me who I am today, so I love my country

I’m in Nollywood for a purpose -Ebube Nwagbo, Nollywood actress 


 Ebube Nwagbo, Nollywood diva does not need much introduction because her face is her signature. She is a popular actress with numerous fans. This sexy super screen diva who has featured in so many movies has started producing her own movies. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS she talked about her lifestyle and what her acting career has taken from her.

  So many actresses are now leaving acting for some thing else. You are into hair business, Oge Okoye and Iyabo Ojo are into make-up, what is happening? 

 Well it's all about trying to do something that we can fall back on. We are all not going to act forever. And it has to be something you love doing. It's all about fashion and beauty and rememberr, our business is showbiz. It's all about your appearance when you are coming out to the public. I'm not a make-up person, but Oge Okoye is. She has passion for make-up. We have to do something aside acting. We have come a long way, we are old enough to have other businesses aside acting. For instance, I as a person, I have my own hairline. It's not easy building something. So, that is what I'm into now aside acting. And it's not easy starting up anything especially in Nigeria where one has to admire you first before you are patronised. But it's something worth it. 

 Why didn't you opt for fashion?

 Well, everybody is doing the clothing line, so, I had to do something different. And at the time I started my hairline business, nobody was crazy about it. I was trying to do something different. I wanted to do something every other person can afford because wearing human hair is not cheap. So, I sat down and thought over what I can do for people that want to look like stars/celebrities when they come out and I said okay let me put up something and that was how I came about my Posh Hair business. 

 Are you going to dump acting in the nearest future? 

 Hell no! I can't dump acting, it's my first love. Though I'm now a business woman, but acting brought me to where I am today, so I can't dump it. How about your gospel music? (Laughs loudly) here you go again. Like I said, never say never. Music may come again, at that time that was what I wanted to do. But I'm not doing it for now. I'm not saying I'm not going to do it but for now it's not in the book. 

 First it's all about acting, singing, doing business, then what else? 

 I have my own production company. I produce my own movies. We have two movies and we hope to do more and become bigger. We just released the second one earlier last year. 

 What has been your greatest challenge with regards to movie production? 

You know this is what we do. So everybody expects something different, something awesome when you are doing your own movie. Though finance has been a challenge, you still have to try your best so that your movies can stand out. You know that almost everybody is into movie production these days, churning out so many movies every week. So, you have to put something out there that is going to be different from whatever every other person is doing. And don't forget we are actresses and not script writers or producers but it's the love for what we do that is pushing us into movie production. We are trying to make Nollywood bigger. We have been preaching that we want something better and how are we going to make it better if we don't start it? If we don't put in efforts? So, that is what we are trying to do. It's a lot of challenge! Piracy it's not going to stop us. We have to do what we have got to do. 

 You look more beautiful real life than on the screen what's the secret? 

 Yeah, everybody says that (giggles). Well, I try to push stress aside. I try to get as much rest as I can. Then I sleep a lot. I love sleeping. Then for my good figure, I'm not going to tell you I sleep in the gym, no. I just try to eat healthy and rest. Those two are very important.

 Let me take you back a little, the issue of your movie production, how expensive was your cost of production?

 I'm not going to tell you a specific amount. But you can produce a movie for as much as twenty million, ten million, five million. But it all depends on what you want to put out there. It's not really about the money. It's about what you are putting out. So, I'm not going to say this is it and this is not it but I know one thing for sure, for you to put out a good movie you must spend money but you need to plan well. Yes, it's all about planning it well, knowing the quality of what you want to put out there. People spend so much money doing movies and it doesn't come out well. But we have some background ideas of what to do. 

 Have you had regrets acting? 

 If I tell you no, you know I would be lying. Yes, of course I have. I have once regretted acting but it comes with the job. Every job has its own downside. So, I'm not complaining. I feel if God doesn't want me to be an actress, I wouldn't become one. So, I'm there in Nollywood for a purpose. I'm not going to say it's been fun or not. It's okay' I'm not complaining. 

 What is the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you? 

 I can't remember for now, but maybe much later I may remember but for now I can't remember.

 Do you have hope in Nigeria? Do you love your country? 

 Of course I do. I can't run away from here. I'm a Nigerian to the core. And Nigeria has made me whatever I am today. So, I can't run away. Other countries have their own challenges and downsides. Nigeria is not excluded. It's part of what we face. But I love my country and will always do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment