forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Saturday, November 07, 2015

African women are endowed with good looks –Siaka Nimet

Kogi State-born Siaka Nimat is the current Miss Tourism Curvy Nigeria. She studied Sociology at University of Ilorin. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, she relives the night she was crowned beauty queen and speaks about the positive change she hopes to bring to bear on the Nigerian woman, among others.

What actually fascinated you about Miss Curvy Nigeria Beauty Pageant?
What fascinated me was the search for African pride because I love Africa and I’m proud to be one. Another thing that attracted me was the idea behind the pageantry because it is a unique concept. I saw it as first of its kind.
 Can you relive what happened on the night of the pageant?
On that night I was crowned the second runner-up, I was deliriously overwhelmed. What I can never forget about that night was how the crown was placed on my head and the feeling of joy I had because of it. Tears of joy ran through me.
 What do you think gave you an edge over other contestants?    
What I think gave me an edge was my boldness and carriage. We actually had a week of camping that prepared us for the main event and during that period, we had numerous tasking activities. I learned endurance and the ability to be strong enough to face life challenges. I make bold to say that I’m proud of my carriage and good body frame. The reason is that it gives me full confidence to face anybody, any day, and any time.
 As the current Miss Tourism, what are your duties?
As the present Miss Tourism of the brand (Miss Curvy Nigeria, 2015), I am set to create more awareness by travelling across states and countries. This is to organise several programmes and talk shows for plump ladies who don’t have confidence in themselves and who feel that due to their body size they can’t attain or achieve their life purpose.
 As a beauty queen, what positive changes would this bring to your lifestyle?
As regard my lifestyle, I’m set to bring about positive change to the society. I would change the orientation and mind set of Nigerians about plump ladies. Just as Africa is endowed with mineral and natural resources, God has created the African women to have beautiful, fabulous, thick and curvy bodies. We need to realise and appreciate that. If you are fat, strive to keep fit, stay focused, confident, self-fulfilling, attractive, happy and proud.
 Why do beauty queens dump their boyfriends once they are crowned?
Why on earth would I dump my boyfriend? That is if I have one anyway!
What are the qualities of your ideal man?
He has to be understanding and trustworthy. He should be ready to make sacrifice no matter what.
 What would you like to be remembered for after your tenure?
I would like to be remembered for my positive impact and contribution to the lives of plump ladies through Miss Curvy Nigeria platform.
 What lesson has life taught you as a beauty queen?
Life has taught me to stay focused, to endure and to be strong enough for challenges because they will come.
They are the most natural and cutest beauties. We don’t have to do any surgery to have curves. As Africans and fat women, we grow the curves and the most fabulous body shape. That alone brings about unique beauty.
 What is your philosophy?
My life philosophy is that it’s not how far but how well you live that matters.
 Can you define your style?
Moderation is my style watchword.
 What do you think life would have been without fashion?
The world would have been ugly and boring. It would have been the worst place to live.
 Where do you think some ladies are not getting it right in the fashion?
Some ladies wear what don’t suit their body shape and fail to blend their colours well.
What thrills you most about fashion?
What thrills me most is the alluring colours of our home-made African print fabrics – Aso-Oke, Kente, etc. They are colourful and our fashion designers are actually using them to give us wonderful styles. Our fashion has somehow enriched our culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment