forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Being a model made me a queen and brought out better part of me-Jennifer Enujiugha, Curvy-Nigeria Top Model, 2015



‘Ladies can go about things the right way and attain top model  positions’

When Jennifer Enujiugha, a TV presenter from Anambra State, a graduate of Crop Production and Protection from Abia State University, Uturu was growing up, she never knew she would be a renowned model.

This choreographer who is also the Logistics Manager, Dance With Peter Okoye, a new reality TV show for dancers said though growing up was tough, but it was fun and she never lost focus on who she would be in future. “I grew up in a family of just two girls. I had great parenting, fun, but tough childhood. And although I lost my mum at a young age, I was still focused. I’m not surprised that I’m into showbiz/ modeling which is completely different from what I studied in the university because I have  always had a thing for media and entertainment,” she recalled.
Today she is fulfilled with who she is and what she is doing because she followed her heart and what she has  passion for. Hence, she makes bold to  counsel mothers  to give their daughters who want to be models a chance to pursue their dreams. Reason is that no one killed her own dream when she was much younger. “Growing up was an adventure, I have always loved to be on the spotlight and could play dress up sometimes but never knew I would be a top  model much later in life. The thing started manifesting in me  when I became very passionate about modeling and that was in my third year in the university,” she recalled.
It was from the modeling world that she got to know how   to comport herself in every thing she wanted to do.  “At some point in life, I became carefree with my appearance and I figured modeling helped me to become cautious of myself. I started training myself on how to retain my carriage and poise as a lady. So, I believe every model should be given an opportunity to showcase his or her potentials,” she said, as a matter of fact.
This plus-size top model is happy with who she is today to the disappointment of so many strikingly slender models. “Being a model has automatically made me a queen and brought  out that better part of me. When I say better part of me, I could be referring to  my curves which can’t be hidden even if I’m  wearing Jalamia or a roomy dress. Amazingly, being a plus- size model is already challenging enough because  the industry thought we (bold and curvy ladies) shouldn’t be part of modeling world. But thank God we have proven them wrong. I make bold to say that today  I’m a Curvy Nigeria Top Model,” she said, shrugging happily.

Her duties? “My duties as the curvy top model are not far fetched. I want to prove that ladies can go about things the right way and still conveniently attain a top model position in the modeling world. Secondly, I would always represent plus-size models  in every fashion show. This alone is  handful and what I’m doing should give every fuller-figured lady who wants to be runway model hope. I believe they should keep trying. Let  determination be their watchword in whatever they want to achieve,” she stressed.
Who does she look up to in the modeling world? “ I really cannot tell you who I look up to in the modeling world because I cannot categorically say how the person got to the position she is or how she achieved her current status in the modeling world,” she opined.
Her life philosophy? “ Patience is virtue, while determination pays well at the end. And then of course put  God first every thing you do,” she enthused.
Now that Jenny is flying the flag of fashion in Nigeria, she asserted that she can’t be seen “shabbily dressed but will always be simple but elegant. I can't be seen doing punk or putting on too many crazy colours at the same time. I will always humbly rock whatever I choose to wear well. Maybe because bad dress sense and arrogance put me off. And while promoting Nigeria fashion industry every where I go, I will also bring to notice my carriage and my conspicuous height,” she said, finally.





No comments:

Post a Comment