forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Thursday, August 09, 2018

African fashion and styles can’t bow out of trends- Fatima Isa, Face of Fashion Africa, Tourism 2018.



‘Everything I wear must have a touch of Africa’



"I'm an epitome of African beauty"













She is popularly known as Asirka in Kannywood (Hausa Film Industry) due to a striking role she played in one of the Hausa movies she stirred in. But her real name is Fatima Danladi Isa. She is the Face of Fashion Africa, Tourism 2018. This black beauty loves African culture with a passion and she portrays it in her style.  She started acting immediately after bagging a diploma in Social Work from Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri, Borno State.  
 And having lost her parents at a tender age, she was raised by her granny who was also an epitome of beauty and a great lover of African cultures. That was where her love for African mode of dressing and lifestyle originated. She talks about fashion, her itinerary as the Face of Fashion Africa Tourism 2018 and her acting career.
Excerpts:

‘I’m proud to be an African woman’

"African styles can bout out"
Aside from Nigerian cultures which you know too well, which other African culture do you have a serious liking for?
Cameroonian cultures of course. Maybe because I was born and bred there. But I later came back to Nigeria my country. I’m a half Nigerian and half Cameroonian because my dad is a Nigerian while my mum is from Cameroon .I grew up with my grandmother in Maiduguri because I lost my parents early in life.
A bit on your educational background?
I bagged a diploma in Social Work from Ramat Polytechnic,  Maiduguri, Borno State. And I’m currently processing my Higher National Diploma program in the same institution but I’m based in Kano.
Aside from acting, what else do you do?
Though I’m an actress, I’m also into small scale business. I’m into buying and selling of some stuffs/items. Now that I’m the current Face Of Fashion Africa Tourism, I will be busier doing humanitarian jobs which is also what I love to do. (giggles)
What strictly  would you be doing as the Face Of Fashion Africa Tourism?
As the Face Of Fashion Africa Tourism, I would be visiting some of the beautiful tourist sites in Africa which would boost my love for African cultures and traditions.  I will also create great awareness about the beautiful tourist sites and encourage people to visit them.
Have you started doing some things already using your platform?
Yes I have. I wouldn’t want to waste my time really. You know my tenure lasts for a year. So, I wouldn’t want to waste time. I have first and formost taken some of my queens to Yankari Game Resort in Bauchi State which is an amazing resort in Nigeria  and they learnt a lot and also had fun.
What’s your opinion on African fashion and styles?
I see African styles as African signatures which stand us out from the crowd in any part of the world.  Our beautiful African styles are admired by the western world today and that makes me happy. African fashion and style can’t bow out of trends and that’s the fact!
What fashion accessory forms a larger part of your wardrobe?
 Ankara accessories of course. I have loads of them and you know they come in bright smashing colours.  I have so many Ankara earrings, bangles  necklaces, shoes and bags. I also have beaded necklaces, hair accessories that’s also African-print oriented. I have a lot of African casuals. Everything I wear must have a touch of Africa because I’m  proud to be an African woman.
What is your pet project?
My pet project is tailored towards creating awareness to places, styles and cultures that some people are not aware of. As well as bringing positive impacts to the society and giving back to the society in my own little way.
How do you intend to give back to the society?
I intend to do this by visiting some of the rural areas in different states and giving out items to them, encouraging them and speaking to them on the way out of their problems. I will also let the government know their major problems, I will be a voice to the voiceless in our society.

What would you want to be remembered for when you are through with your tenure?
I would like to be remembered as a warm-hearted-queen, a queen that really cares about her people and community (nods).
What have you started gaining as the Face Of Fashion Africa Tourism?
Being Face Of Fashion Africa Tourism, 2018 has endeared me into the hearts of many.  I have gained a beautiful friendship and trust from my fellow beauty queens from different states and countries. I have gained more exposure and opportunities to go to different places as well.  And I also would gain a lot more. All thanks to Face Of fashion Africa platform.

Story By ADAEZE AMOS
African beauty with a difference

No comments:

Post a Comment