forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I beat 39 contestants silly to bag Miss Nigeria Glam World in India -Joy Arhwere Ekpoke, 2018 Miss Nigeria Glam World


Here Comes the 2018 Miss Nigeria Glam World
Joy Arhwere Ekpoke, who hails from Urhobo, Okpe Local Government Area, Delta State is an interesting personality. She is one of the style pundits who make Delta State bubble. This fashionista who graduated from Delta State University, Abraka,  where she studied English Language Education  is also a fashion designer and the CEO of Beaulinedesignes. The stunning beauty and style aficionado with sculpted cheekbones and olive skin, who was the 2014 Miss Tourism Nigeria Universe is now the Miss Nigeria Glam World 2018. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS  the beauty queen who now has her own beauty pageant project which is known as  Cinderella Pageant talks about her lifestyle and her experience in Miss Nigeria Glam World pageant which took place in India.
Excerpts:
‘I’m beautiful and brilliant’
What have you been doing lately?
I have been up with my queenly duties, focusing more on my pet project which is ‘Right To Child Education’ for kids in Delta State  and rural areas and also helping young aspiring women who want to be queens someday believe in themselves and in their passion for giving something positive to the society.
Tell us about the beauty pageant in India and what’s your opinion about it?
The diamond-studded crown of the Miss Tourism Nigeria Universe of 2014 gave me the privilege to represent my beautiful country in an international pageant which took place  in Kerela India amongst 39 other countries and I could say this is one of the most beautiful moments of my life standing tall as an ambassador for Nigeria to fly my country’s flag, nationality and heritage for the world to see and interestingly it took place  in the heart of India.  I was crowned the first ever Miss Nigeria Glam World which gave me the opportunity of meeting beautiful queens from all over the world and that made me realize the true meaning of unity in diversity.
You are now in the business of crowning new queens, is that your own way of giving back to the society?
This is one of my many ways of giving back to the society. I love to see young women with passion and talent push for what they believe in and let the world see them for who they are. A lot of girls hide in fear of the unforeseen outcome in the process trying to be who they want to be. I stand to groom them, teach them the basics and ways of an ideal queen and eventually crown them winners.
What makes you tick as a beauty queen?
The support of my mum has motivated me this far and I tag her my True Strength  as I have always believed in family which has given me the super human ability to withstand the obstacles of my journey.
Now that you have an international experience with regards to beauty pageants, what new things did you achieve?
Going for an international beauty pageant will always be a memorable and impactful experience for me. I have met some incredible individuals and worked with some remarkable organizations. I have the opportunity to work on a project for kids in the rural areas and I have accomplished my goal of becoming a motivational speaker to aspiring young women and encouraging them on their passion.
For some green horns in the fashion world who want to participate in beauty pageants can you share some words with them?
First and foremost, believe in yourself and see yourself as a winner for the only person that needs to believe in you is you! This is not about motivation, tenacity or drive. It’s about believing you can do it. Secondly improve on your skills by going through the documentary of what made past and current beauty queens great in their various ways. It’s a good learning aid.
What’s your beauty routine?
I make sure I have appropriate rest. I drink enough water and eat fruits to keep the glow in my skin, visit the gym once a week and take myself out on special dates like see a movie just  to keep my mind balanced and stress free.
For some crowned beauty queens who are not doing anything to touch lives and reach out to humanity do you have some words for them?
Beauty contest can be an important focus of National and Regional pride. On an individual level, they give young women an opportunity to enrich not only their own lives, but the lives of others as pageantry provides the perfect opportunity for some of the most beautiful young women to fulfill their ambition and develop themselves as human beings and in return give back to the society. For queens who feel it’s just about wearing beautiful crowns and doing nothing about their platform your perception needs a change. The society expects so much from you and the title you carry expects so much from you as well for there is more to just winning and gracing events to show you are a queen. It’s time to act as a role model for the world to see and be remembered for something in a very long time.
What and how were you able to reach out to humanity?
I have an acting pet project my team and I are working on right now. It’s on the Right To Child Education and Spelling Bee Exercise for kids in the rural areas of Delta State. Education is the most important in the presence of all other fundamental human rights yet lots of children are still uneducated especially the kids in the rural areas. I’m also having a pageant of my own which is Cinderella Pageant’ for kids between 0-17 years of age to prepare them as future queens and I have stood to groom young women in the line of pageantry to prepare them for the task ahead of them. Making them know there is more to just being crowned and above all I’m a fashion designer and I will proudly say that I could be tagged as Beauty with brains. Yes, I’m beautiful and brilliant!

All the 40 contestants





3 comments: