forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

'I wouldn't mind to be paired with Kenneth Chukwu for romance movies- Ruby Orjiakor, actress


‘Dressing to kill is my style'

  Ruby Ojiakor, a popular Nollywood actress is stunning, no doubt. She comes from Amaraku, in Isi-ala Mbano local Government Area, of Imo state. This super screen diva is from a family of five, (three boys and two girls) , and she is the fourth one. She was born and brought up in Port - Harcourt, Rivers state. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, she talked about her lifestyle and what thrills her most about her acting career


Excerpts:

Name movies you have starred in?

 I have starred  in several movies like; John-Paul and Rebecca, Parish clash, More than a Widow, 40 Days of Horror, 5 days of war, Bachelor's Heart, Best Dancers, Fire Dancers, Miracle Marriage, The Widowers, Mr Ibu and the Widows, Mr Ibu In Trouble, The Head of State, Occult Grandmaster, Occult sacrifice, Blind Hunter, Fresh Madness, Agony of madness, Tears of the Brain, Mac don and Gabriel, Nnem Onye Olu, Ara Nwayi Benin, Funke Goes to school, Jealous Husband, Marine daughters, to mention but a few.

Which is  most challenging?

 The one that was most challenging is "More than a Widow". That was the only movie I shot without a single smile on my face from the beginning to the end of the movie. In fact, I cried all through in this movie that even my eyes started paining me at a point because I over stressed my eyes by crying. And I had to do it very well for the viewers to feel the pain, emotion, and real interpretation of the character that I played in the movie. It wasn't easy at all sincerely speaking, but in all, the movie had a nice story line and well screen-played too. Even the director  Mac Collins Chidebe did his best directing the movie, including the casts and crew members tried their best.

What did you study?
I graduated from Institute of Management and Technology(I.M.T), where I studied Mass- Communication.

You studied Mass Communication, why then did you opt for acting?

Acting is something I've always loved right from my childhood, so when I gained admission to study in Enugu, I said to myself that once I was done with school, I must join the Actors Guild of Nigeria(A.G.N) and being that Enugu was one of the hottest zones for film making then, it was easier for me.

What is it about Actors Guild of Nigeria that makes you happy?

I so much love the aspect of unity amongst actors. I mean we actors are united with a passion. Little wonder if any one of us is celebrating anything, we do it together.  We give every support, we add colours to the occasion and make sure everything ends smoothly. Seriously that aspect of commitment alone gives me greater joy than anyone can ever imagine.

Which very movie brought you to the limelight?
The very movie that brought me to limelight or the movie that made people recognise me is Best Dancers, because the movie was just all about Dance! Dance!! Dance!!! So I just gave in my best in the aspect of dancing, and when the movie came out, wow it was just everywhere and anywhere I go both children and adults used to call me fire dancer, while some called me best dancer,  they were even begging me to come and teach them how to dance. Ever since then if anyone wants to describe me for a job, they would say please call that girl that acted fire dancer (giggles).  So that was how I knew that the movie actually pushed me up to a greater height.

Can you act nude if the pay is fantastic?
The truth is I can't expose my body no matter the amount of money involved. Even if you are going to give me billions of money,  I wouldn't accept. I can't just expose my body. You know I'm a dignified Igbo girl. Hence, I wouldn't want to drag my dignity in the mud.

In romance movies, who would you like to be paired with?
I can't mention any name right now, but if I must mention, then it has to be Golden Chukwu. Do you know why? Because he is very responsible and a good actor. He also respects women wishes, in the sense that I can beg him not to make the romance a deep one and he would just understand by saying no wahala, unlike others that would want to tear your pant even before the scene begins.

If you weren't an actress what would you have been?
 if I weren't an actress I would've become a presenter, because I love entertaining people.  I hate being in an environment where nothing is happening. That alone can even make me get sick. I'm not a boring person and would never be with boring people.

What do you do not to allow fame get into your head?
 I try as much as I can to be myself at every point in time. I don't look down on anyone, I try to greet both small and big because I know it's the right thing to do. Our God in heaven hates an arrogant person, because what ever we think we've become on planet earth is given to us by God. So we need not to be using It to oppress/suppress others because if care is not taken the same God in heaven that gave it to you can still take it back.  He even said in his word that the humble shall he uplift and the proud shall he reduce. So, for me I try not to hurt other people's feelings because we are all the same in the eyes of God.

How do you feel about the fact that fame has rubbed you your privacy?
Well there is nothing I can do about it, since it is the life I have chosen for myself. All I need do is just to keep matching forward and try as much as I can not to involve myself into any bad act. So that even if the whole world knows anything about me, it should be for good things and not for bad. Sincerely, it doesn't border me at all. I'm just me, and that is what matters

Who is that guy rocking the love boat of your life and when is the wedding bells going to toll for you?
 I don't like disclosing my love life, but the truth is if I'm getting married everyone must know, so for now let it just be like that.

What are the qualities of your ideal man?
My ideal man must be humble, God fearing, hard working, sincere, good looking, and trust worthy.

What is your worst fear in life?
My worst fear in life is Failure, if am doing anything and don't succeed, it makes me go crazy, it makes me feel less of myself. Failure is the only thing that can destroy man so easily, a lot of people have committed suicide simply because they failed in one thing or the other.  That is why I always commit whatever I'm doing into the hands of God because I hate to fail. Tufiakwa, it's not a good thing at all.

What part of your body do you consider most sexy?
 My boobs, but that doesn't mean I go about exposing it.  Even with my well- covered-top, a blind man can easily perceive that I have  nice boobs. Also my eyes are sexy. So, I could say that my eyes and my boobs are the sexiest part of my body. I swear, any man that looks directly into my eyes must have an encounter. (giggles). I'm not bragging but just telling you the simple truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment