forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Act nude? If it’s bikini that’s cool but completely naked? Never! -Monica Friday, actress

Just like other fields, I have experienced sexual harassment -Monica Friday, actress
Monica Friday, is not given to equivocation. Unlike some ladies who’d pretend about it, she minced no words in admitting that she had on several occasions been sexually harassed. This Mass Communication graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University, in this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, also speaks about the movie that brought her into the limelight, among other issues.

 When did you start acting?
I started acting professionally in 2008 and that was through casting and audition. I have been able to feature in numerous movies both long and short ones, soap operas and TV series. I have featured in such soap operas as ‘Dear Mother’, ‘U&I’, ‘Hood Rush’, ‘October 1st’, ‘Iquo’s Journal’, ‘Saviour and Do Good’, a TV series which is running on Africa Magic Durban every day. I’m expecting a few other jobs like ‘Abducted’, ‘Unspoken’, a movie from Remy Vaughan Richards, ‘First Lady’, and ‘Situationship’, an online series.
 Which of these movies or soaps brought you into the limelight?
‘Do Good’ brought me into the limelight because I portrayed my artistic poise very well as the character of ‘Kevwe’ and the series is showing everyday in different African countries. This is a huge platform that any up-and-coming actor admires because it’s an opportunity to showcase your talent to the world.
 Which was more challenging?
For now, I think it’s ‘Abducted’ that was most challenging. Naturally, I hate bush paths, but in this case, I shot in a very thick bush and there was nothing like shortcut to my falls. So, I had bruises in the course of shooting. I think that movie really made me stronger and I conquered my fears.
 What thrills you most about being an actress?
My creativity thrills me most. Most times, I just come up with dynamic performances.
 What thing has acting stolen from you?
Acting stole my privacy.
 What else do you do aside from acting?
Aside from acting, I’m an entrepreneur. I love business.
 How hot and daring are you in romance roles?
I’m very believable in romance. I portrayed that in movies entitled ‘Living Spirit’ and ‘Situationship’ that are coming out soon online.
 Who would you like to be paired in romance roles to bring out your best?
I have a whole lot of them that I desire to work with but I would love to be paired with Femi Jacobs.
 If acting nude would add meaning to a movie, would you do it?
It depends on the kind of nudity. If it’s bikini or half clothes on, that’s cool, but completely naked, no! I won’t deliver.
 Fashion covers one’s flaws and flaunts the good sides. What part of your body would you love to flaunt?
I love to look good and trendy. I can proudly flaunt my legs, arms and tummy.
 What fashion accessory can you spend a fortune on?
I can spend a fortune on bracelets and wristwatches. I’m getting more and more of them.
 Where do you think women are not getting it right in fashion?
I really don’t know because this generation is on point.
 How did you handle it when you were harassed sexually in Nollywood?
Just like other fields, I have experienced sexual harassment. I always walk away because I know who I am and what I can do. More so, there are so many doors of opportunity.
 What lesson has life taught you?
Life has taught me that God is the creator of time and season.
What is your life philosophy?
My life philosophy is treating people the way I would want them to treat me.
 What are the qualities of your ideal man?

My ideal man must be hardworking, supportive, cheerful and a lover of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment