forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Life has taught me to count on no one-Treasure Daniels, actress



'I see Majid Michael  as a Machine'

 Treasure Daniels, the twin sister of Tracy Daniels, is one of the popular Nollywood Golden Girls. She is still hot in the movie world and not ready to relent. She has starred in so many movies and soap operas. Aside  from acting, directing and script writing, she has started producing her own movies with her twin sister Tracy. In this interview with Adaeze Amos, she talked about life as an actress.

You have an identical  twin sister, how come both of you joined the acting world at the same time?
I must say destiny, and Sir Lancelot Oduwa Imansuen was instrumental to it. He needed suitable casts for Eucharia Anunobi's daughters in a movie titled Last Burial.  During one of their rehearsals, we were coincidentally at the Hotel Presidential Enugu as well for a modelling shoot, and boom, he got his casts; because, he sighted us and sent for the both of us, tried us out and the rest is now history. That's how both of us evolved to what and where we are today.


What is your educational background?
 I studied both in the University of Nigeria Nsukka and Enugu State University of Technology and obtained degrees in Social Works and Mass Communication

How was the beginning time for you in the movie industry? Who lured you into it?
Nollywood just like most other professions didn't give way to me so easily, during our early days, things were done differently than they are done now, and you've got to earn every single job you did then, so my saving grace was that I also have the gift of writing, I screen played most of the movies. I was featured in including the block buster movie Billionaire Club for great movies so that scaled me through.

Who were those seasoned actors that you have been admiring in the movie industry?

I admire them all, but I have special respect for Majid Michael I see him as Machine.

How did your parents cope with joining the movie world?
 At first they didn't find it funny because it was as if our acting career was against their own mission in life as clergy. They expected us to also be on pulpit not on cinemas. But now they have seen how noble acting is, they have come to terms with it

You and your twin sister are known as the Nollywood Golden Girls, how did you come up with that name golden girls?
 We came up with the name Golden Girls because it was suitable for the three girls who initially formed the music group I'm in who of course are Sophia Tchikere, my twin sister and I. We were all light skinned, so that name came into our minds. Reason being that when you see three of us on the musical stage we do look golden. So, when she pulled out of the group Tracy and I continued with the name till date.

Name some movies you have featured in and the most challenging of them all?

I will start by naming our own personal productions, the latest of which is Beloved Twins, Twins Destiny, Love And Cash, Divided Secret, and then Holy Diamond, Hatred, Apian Way, The Headmaster, Dying For The  Nation, The Barons, The World Of Riches, Family Separation to mention but a few.

Which very movie brought you to the limelight?
Beloved Twins shot us to the limelight but I haven't got any of them that is most challenging yet.

What do you enjoy most about your acting career?

What I enjoy about acting is the fact that it gives me a platform to be another person. For example if I am acting as a Lawyer in a movie, I become a Lawyer for that time. I can also switch temperaments depending in the character am interpreting

 What else do you do aside acting?
 I am business mogul by the grace of God, we deal in beauty and beauty products, we have a Parlour in Oniru Lagos where we make people look their best from hair to toe

When you featured in a romance movie for the first time what were some reactions from your parents and church members of your father's church?
 My parents are not different. They reacted just like an average African parent would have reacted. But I must say that today, we are being honoured all over the world, because they have come to see us for who we are, cool headed Society role models who have stood the test if time and who are different from the characters they play in movies

Is there any regret you have for venturing into the movie industry?


No regrets so far.

How do you cope with stardom that comes with your acting career?

I don't have to cope with it because I don't live with the consciousness of that. I live my normal life and I don't struggle to shine or be noticed. However, I am careful with what I do now because, whether I like it or not, I'm a public figure and lots of people are following my footsteps. But please don't hit my car in the traffic just to see how I will react (giggles).

Can you relieve your first experience on the movie set?
Yes, that was in the Last Burial. I was very afraid of the director but later I adjusted to his person.

What was the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?

That's Mr. Richard Omokri from United States, we didn't know who he was, yet he traced our address on one of our birthdays and sent me a Porches Design. That's the craziest.

Some actors would tell you marriage is secondary in their lives just because of stardom, do you also share same opinion?

 Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but I'm far from that. I value family life above any career. I learnt well from my mum and dad, I can't put marriage as secondary to my career.

If not when are you hoping to settle down?

I answered this question in an interview last January and here is another one so I will answer differently, please let my husband to be answer that question himself, I don't know who he is yet.

What are the qualities of your ideal man?


My ideal man is the one with the fear of God, someone who has integrity, good character and can provide for his family comfortably, not doing his own future financial projections on my own account. I see them a lot and I walk my way

What very lesson has life taught you?

 To count on no one.

What's your regret in life?

 The people I couldn't help.

What is your life philosophy? 

Life has no straight jacket

What really thrills you about life generally?

How people and things constantly change

What makes you happy about acting?

Becoming someone else.

When you are down what do you do to derive inspiration?
 Read books, play music by Terry Clark, Bob Fits and Frank Edwards. I have tried it and discovered that these help to cast away sadness.

Let's talk a little about style, can you define your style?

 I'm subtle in styling myself because I'm already attractive naturally and its not all the time that I'm able to handle all that comes with it. So I try not to get obvious after dressing up.

What do you think the world would look like without fashion?


 You don’t want to imagine that because we will all get naked in the first place

What is the very fashion item that forms a larger part of your wardrobe?
Shoe! I'm a size 38 the lucky size they say and I love to see how every shoe looks on me.






No comments:

Post a Comment