forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Friday, February 26, 2016

Life has taught me that there is no shortcut to success-YungBilo, artiste


'I don’t take substances to be high on stage’

Martin O. Evans popularly known as YungBilo is Delta State University graduate of Computer Science and  the CEO of BillionNation Music Label. This entrepreneur who hails from Kwale in Delta State of Nigeria opted for music because he wants to be reaching out to people through his songs. He is stylish no doubt  and loves what he does  with a passion. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, he talked about his style of music, his opinion on success and what makes him high on stage.
Excerpts:
Some artistes take substances to be high on stage. What makes you high?
I’m aware of that, but for me seeing crowd at any function or occasion makes me high.  When I need to mount the stage, the crowd turns me on and the determination to woo the audience gives me extra energy. Then of course the organizer who chose me among thousand of other  also keep me on my A game.

‘My style of music is unique, I don't emulate anyone'

What did you study?
 I attended Mater Dei Model Grammar School, Ashaka in Delta state and afterwards I proceeded to Delta State University, Abraka in 2010 where I studied Computer Science.

What motivated you into making a career in music?
Music has been a long time passion for me and it's something I can't just let go. I discovered my talent when I was just a kid and today I’m happy that I’m into it, it is surely like a dream come through.

Can you name songs you have churned out?
I have churned out songs such as 'Give It To Me' produced by TP Flex Beats,U 2 Sabi which was  produced by Young D, Money Matter fts Terry G produced by TP Flex Beats, ‘Take You Go, Loving You and Gemme Some More produced by Ill touch, ‘As E Dey Hot and  Sweet Potato produced by Vandrous.

What inspires your songs?
 I can boldly say that my inspiration comes from God.
Who are your role models in the music industry?
My role models are people  like Tuface, Timaya, Banky W, Davido and Don Jazzy, their musical lives inspire me a lot.

What thrills you most in what you do as an artiste?
What thrills me most is the reaction of my fans  while performing a song, it's the best feeling to know that your fans love you for what you do, it's not just all about the money or fame, but the love alone thrills me.
The first time you performed on stage before a large crowd, were you scared? Can you relieve the experience?
Actually, due to my church experiences, because I started from the church also and have sang in public, I didn't have any stage fright, but I only noticed that I wasn't really giving enough communication to the crowd for the first time, but I corrected and I was happy I did at the right time. I wasn't scared at all, why would I be? To me it was a long time dream and I was really happy about the fact that it came true.

What stands you out in the music world?
My style of music is unique, I don't try to emulate anyone.
A bit on your fashion, can you define your dress sense?
 Well, I’m not a fashion freak but I stick to dress code for every occasion I attend and I always come out looking amazing.

Your style signature?
 My style signature is simple but classy, because I already know right from my university days that you wear what/who you are and that your appearance is your character.

What fashion items form a larger part of your wardrobe?
Designer labeled trousers and shirts.

Are you a designer label freak?
Yes, I am when it comes to Versace wears. Then of course I love shoes, I can spend any amount to get that my designer shoe

Who are those in the music world you admire both national and international?
I love Chris Brown a lot, including his style of  music.  I admire Tuface Idibia, because he teaches me how to keep it simple and real.

What lesson has life taught you as an artiste?
 Life has taught me that, the shortcut to success is first of all having it in mind. It has also taught me that there's no such thing as shortcut to success, so I have to work very hard.

Regrets?
 My regrets in life? I don't think I have any, I’m happy with myself and my life.

What’s the craziest thing a female fan has ever done to you?
 The craziest thing a female has ever done to me was to slap me.

Life philosophy?

 Putting God first in everything I do in life, knowing He is my maker and molder and that all comes from Him God Almighty.


Your acting experience?
Staring at My Cabal a new TV drama scene on Wazobia TV  and Awa.TV channel was a one memorable experience.  Though it was my first time of acting, but I felt like a professional actor and it was fun.  Thank God for my manager and director, NaijaGal who made it a dream come through.  Though I don't like much of Nollywood movies but I always fall in love with short drama's and comedies, because they know how to keep it short and real. So, My-Cabal Drama was not an exception and I was so glad for my role.  And I strongly believe God and myself that I did it very well. I had enough fun with all the cast and all the crew and everything went well and smooth.  It felt like we should not call it a wrap.



No comments:

Post a Comment