forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Actress Oluchi Phillips was called a gold diger for marrying Edwin Igbokwe

Actress Oluchi Phillips was called a gold digger over her  marriage with  Chief Igbokwe
Mrs Oluchi Phillips-Igbokwe

When  actress Oluchi Phillips, a Nollywood actress who has starred in so many movies and soap operas wedded Chief Edwin Igbokwe, she didn’t know some  people would still be talking about it till date.
Oluchi tied the knots with the late Christy Essein Igbokwe’s widower last year Easther. When yours sincerely put a call to her asking her why she was never invited to the wedding, she tried defending herself.
“Ada, what happened was that I didn’t make it a public thing. I didn’t invite any journalist, no friend, no colleague, no fan. My husband and I decided to make it a family thing because that was how we wanted it. We decided not to make it a glamorous thing but even at that while in the wedding I was receiving loads of text messages from friends congratulating me . My hubby too had his phone message box filled with congratulatory messages. He too was surprised,” she said.

When asked how marital life has been, she said 

Chief Edwin Igbokwe
all was well but that people have refused to stop talking about it.  “I was at Eko Hotels for Sun Man Award recently  and I was standing beside two ladies who saw my husband and started talking about him. One of the ladies said that she heard Chief Igbokwe married one actress from nowhere. A gold digger who forced herself into the family from nowhere. They didn’t know I was the one, and I pretended along. I then asked them why they should call the man’s wife a gold digger. The gossip still insisted she was a gold digger, that how could she have badged into the family from no where and married the man just like that. When I asked if she knew whether the lady he married had known him for a while, maybe a family friend, and that no right thinking  lady who wants to get married would turn down such an opportunity. But  she still insisted that I was a gold digger. What I did was to carry my bag and walked away. She never knew I was the lady in question,” she said 

No comments:

Post a Comment