forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Never lose confidence in yourself –Christabel Iwuala

Imo State-born Queen Christabel Iwuala runs a beauty pageant called Face of Bella as well as a fashion line and agency, Queen Africa International.
Although she holds a degree in Sociology and Anthropology from Benson Idahosa University, Edo State, she also studied cabin crew in the School of Aviation.
“I’m an ex-beauty queen, Miss Tourism, Imo 2013, Queen of Aso Beauty 2012 and Queen of Trust International 2014. I’m bold to say that my tenure was beautiful, sweet and exciting because I touched lives with my crown and made people smile and still make them smile through humanitarian works,” she said con­tentedly.

You may wish to know those things she did and still do to touch lives and put smiles on the lips of people?
According to the CEO, Bella CVJ Entertainment, “I campaign against child labour and girl-child trafficking in Nigeria through the help of National Agency for Prohibition and Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).”
Queen Christabel, having been beauty queen in three different beauty pageants, felt it was time to use what she knows to em­power younger women by giving them a crown and platform. As a result she started Face of Bella and Queen African International.
“I came into this business just to give back to the society by giving them a good platform for change and a good audience to be able to reach out for their goals. For young beauty queens, I also give them scholarships and make them rule without struggle,” she emphasised.
How does she scout for contestants and what qualities must they possess?
“The contestants should be able to speak fluent English. They should be able to walk well in high-heel shoes, be creative, intel­ligent, smart and have poise,” she said.
There are as well things that thrill Queen Christabel in her vo­cation.
“I’m happy when I see my dreams realised in one way or the other. Another thing that gladdens my heart is when I see my beauty queens useful,” she said.
She disclosed that her pageant is different from others. “Mine is unique because the grounds are built totally different from oth­er pageants. The reason is that through pageantry I want desper­ately to promote peace across African countries. Another factor that stands my pageantry out is the fact that I don’t only crown the winners. I extend my hand to all the contestants,” she noted.
This lady is a strong believer in the maxim that ‘once a queen, always a queen even if her tenure is over’.
“Yes I do believe in that saying because what makes a true beauty queen isn’t just the crown but what you do with inner passion and zeal so after your tenure you still go after that pas­sion and build it on,” she said with a giggle.
Queen Christabel remembers instinctively what happened during her tenures as a beauty queen.
“Well, I made so much come to pass through the crown. Most importantly, my beauty crown shot me into the limelight, brought me fame and made me the great beauty ambassador that I am to­day,” she recalled.
About the lesson life has taught her, she said, “I was taught by the great teacher itself, which is life, never to lose hope or confi­dence in myself or in people. And to go for what I want and make it work.”
Queen Christabel doesn’t do much to retain her alluring phy­sique.
“I am always in this figure from days back. I don’t do workout or exercise,” she said.
What is her opinion on marriage?
“Marriage is good. I will defiantly get married someday when the right man and time comes. I will make it to my taste. The man I want should be God-fearing. I know that I’m not the selective type, but for all I want is a God-fearing and loving man who un­derstands me, someone that both of us can stand by each other no matter what,” she said smilingly.
The craziest moment of her life was “when I pulled my foot­wear at a fast food restaurant before walking inside”.

No comments:

Post a Comment