forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Saturday, January 09, 2016

My song ‘Jonny’ was God’s special way of crowning my struggle in the music industry-Yemi Alade, diva


‘My kind of man? Someone with values; not a man that is artificial in nature
Yemi Alade a Nigerian diva who has been in the industry for almost a decade is still  doing what she loves best. In this chat with ADAEZE AMOS, she talked about her lifestyle and her kind of man.
Excerpts:

How was your rise in the industry?

The actual thing is that my rise in the industry is not rapid, may be people believe I am new in the industry because most of them knew me through my hit tract, ‘Johnny’ but the fact is that I have been in music industry for over a time now.`
Your track, ‘Johnny’ seems to be the music that shot you out . How were you able to achieve it? 
It was not easy. My song  ‘Jonny’ was God’s special way of crowning my struggle in the music industry because when I did it, it was just like every other songs, and I never expected it to be a special blessing for me like it occurred today. And if you look at it now, it seems to be what people cannot do without. It earned me fame than what one cannot imagine. I strongly believe that the work, apart from hard work, was just God’s special way of crowning my efforts. If you check the view on line on daily basis, you will confirm to what I am talking about. I just thank God for it.

You dropped a single recently with your producer, Sele Bobo which is called ‘Na go de’. Why the song?
The track is one of my means of expressing my gratitude to my fans all over the world who have been doing so fantastic to support and move me forward. Even when I was like getting tired in the journey, they kept giving me the support I need to the extent that I have no option than to believe in myself and push harder. They are the people I regarded to in my music as ‘Tangerines’ because I see them as sweet people in my life that keep things working for me.  The song in summary is an expression of my appreciation to everyone that has supported me this long, starting from my crew members, producer, fans and others. On the other hand, I also used the song to teach people on the need to cultivate the habit of appreciating God and people in their lives.
We learnt you are releasing your sophomore album, titled ‘Mama Africa’ early 2016. What is the thrilling thing in the album?
The coming album titled Mama Africa is an album painted around the live of African women. It is purposely to give credence to our mothers in Africa, looking at their struggle and other things. When you look at things in Africa, you will see that women are special creatures that go through a lot for humanity to remain in existence. Our mothers in Africa deserve accolade any time, any day, and one of the accolades is the coming album which I dedicated to them. 
Apart from this work, is there any other work you are working on?
I am working on more videos and collaborations to ensure my fans enjoy me more because I live for them apart from God.
You recently unveiled a jewelry collection with Bland2Glam. Why this?
It is actually another way to showcase myself to the world. Yemi Alade collection is an exotic collection which is also inspired by my career and personality.  And I intend to take it to the world soon. It is an initiative for all Nigerians both young and old.
Are you married?
No. 
When will your fans see you signing the dotted lines and saying I do?
Are they waiting for me? Okay, they should keep watching out soon.  
Who is the man?
You will see him when the time comes
What kind of man should they be expecting?
A man that has values for moral part of life and not a man that is artificial in nature. 
Will he come from entertainment world?
I don’t know yet. It is only God that has an answer to that. That is why I am awaiting God’s prophesy over him. I believe He has the best for me.
Being a Christian, what role do you play in your church?
I am just a worshiper in my church. I go to church as a normal person and I worship God like every other person. Though people believe because I sing, so I should be doing in church, but the truth is that I don’t sing in church. Because if you do, some people are ready to criticize you since you are a circular singer. I believe in just going to church to worship my God who has helped me this far in life. 
Why did u call your fans Tangerine?
They are very sweet. They keep me going.
What is your opinion about life since you have been in music industry?
Life is not a bird of roses. You have to struggle for whatever you want to achieve. Life comes with ups and downs, so, you just have to face it to excel. And also, give God a lot of attention.
There is a report in media that you have dethroned Tiwa Savage in the music industry. How true is this?
People should stop instigating that someone was coming out to dethrone another. I believe that individual has his or her own talent which is working for him. We are not in the industry to compete against one another. Tiwa’s purpose in the music industry was not to compete with me. I will appreciate people to snub this issue and let’s face reality. Likewise, I will like to implore my fans to eschew any approach of comparing me with anyone in the market, because everyone in the industry is at their best. We should not be pitched against each other, we are not enemies, and we will never be.
Do you have words for your fans?
I am very appreciative of their love and supports even when I launched my jewelry line, yemi Alade collections. I appreciate them a lot. They have been my back bone. And I will like to tell them that they should watch out for my Sophomore album this year march which is going to be superb. 



No comments:

Post a Comment