forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Friday, March 13, 2015

Why I stopped flaunting my cleavage-Ifeoma Okeke actress


'Can you now guess the sexiest part of my body?'
"I no longer flaunt my cleavage"
Some three or four years ago when  cleavage flaunting trends was really hot amongst fashionistas, booby Nollywood queen  Ifeoma Okeke,  who started acting since 1998 was proud to say her cleavage was  part of her body she flaunted not giving a damn whose ox was gored.
 After a while when it looked like every lady was flaunting her cleavage, she stopped and started flaunting her hip. But now according to her, she is more matured and has stopped faunting those parts of her body. Simply put, she no longer flaunts neither cleavage nor her hip because she doesn't consider them a big deal.  “(Smiles) Oh no, not my boobs nor my hip anymore but I now flaunt my face. My face is my signature,” she nodded.

The super screen diva unveiled how she joined Nollywood and the number of years she has been there. “I have been there for a long time. I started in 1998 in a Waka Pass movie role. But that time Waka Pass used to make sense. The title of the movie was ‘Igbo Pamper’’which was produced by Nkem Owoh and he was the man that actually brought me into the industry. Then he used to disturb me. He used to tell me Ify you are funny come and join the industry. So, he told my mum about it. My mum agreed and the rest today is history. I have done more than 20 movies. But people do think I’m more of a TV person.  I do all together. Apart from acting, I'm also into events. I have been in the industry but there was a time I left and finished my education and still came back to it. But the thing is that TV is something one can bump into and they repeat programs a lot,” she emphasized.
Her greatest challenge in the acting world? “When I started, I wasn't supported by my aunties and uncles. But my dad who against all odds supported me. In my family, they used to think everybody who was into acting was a prostitute. But my dad was in support of me. He used one language which I would never forget till date. He said if other people's children are prostitutes and you watch them in movies, leave her to go into it. And that is why I can never disappoint my dad. Interestingly those my uncles and aunties that nearly stopped me from acting, now have different and positive opinions about my acting career. They are the ones that want to relate with me the more. They are the first ones to buy newspapers when I grant press interviews. They are the first ones to excitedly point at me and say that is my daughter,” she enthused.
Aside acting, she is also “into events as well. My event company which is known as Purple Campaign is close to a decade. I also have a none governmental organization which fights against violence,” she stressed.
Her childhood? “My childhood was good. I was born and bred in Lagos. I think I know the nooks and crannies of Lagos. I understand Lagos and Lagos understands me. Apart from that there is money in Lagos.
Something really informed Purple Campaign, her NGO. “You know purple stands for royalty and it also stands for violence. So, we are only saying say yes to royalty and say no to violence. And I have my friend that has been raped and she is going to be 36 years old this year. When she told me her story, it was an emotional one. It touched me. So, I decided to be a voice to people that cannot voice out. You know in Nigeria when you come out and say you have been raped, people just stigmatized you. So, I just decided to be a shoulder to somebody that needs a shoulder to lean on. And I decided to be an ear to somebody that wants me to listen to her story,” she said.
"Neither do I flaunt my hip"
"I now flaunt my face"




"Because I'm more matured now."

No comments:

Post a Comment