forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I have been taught in life never to be in a hurry for anything - Oge Okoye, actress

‘My hubby doesn’t frown at my daring roles, he understands my job’
If you have been thinking that some hot and daring roles this diva interprets in movies affect her marriage, then you are far from the truth. “My hubby doesn’t frown at my daring roles, he understands my job,” she says, as a matter of fact. This Anambra state born who has paid her dues in Nollywood told ADAEZE AMOS her lifestyle and dress sense.

Excerpts:

How does your hubby react to some of your daring roles?

It’s not a problem or much of a big deal because he understands my job and what my job entails.


Can you interpret a nude role if the pay is fantastic?
Nope! To act a nude scene or role that I wouldn’t  do because of our culture and my family. I’m a happily married woman with children.

Lots of scandalous stories have been written about you, how do you really feel about them?

I can’t really answer that because I don’t allow any inconsequential story or gossip get at me.  I know that I’m in the public light, some are there for you and some aren’t. So, it isn’t much of a problem.

Are you saying you are not moved?

Well, whatever scandalous stories that have been written of me doesn’t move me one bit as long as I know it is not true. So, why make a fuss out of a baseless story.

What lesson has life taught you?

I have been taught by life  never to be in a hurry for anything. It will come when the time is ripe. I will never say never.

What words do you have for up-and-coming acts and your fans?

I will tell them what my mom usually tell me and that is do that one thing you think you cannot do, fail at it, try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. I hold on to those words all the time. Now, I’m giving the same words back to my fans and aspiring actors. Dream it, believe it, work towards it and it is a done deal.

What are you doing when you are not on location?

When I’m not on location, I’m spending time with my family. Of late, I have been spending better part of my time with visiting the less privileged homes, schools where I share my joy with them and meeting up with their needs in my own little way. Encouraging the kids and letting them know that if they take education seriously that the sky will be their starting point.

You have two children, right?
Right!

How do you balance your acting career with motherhood?

It’s pretty difficult at some point but I have been able to put all in line and fill up the margin by striking up a balance in my home and place of work. I wouldn’t want any part to suffer. Everything has to do with planning and I have capable hands to look after my children when I’m not in town.

How was your girlhood like?

My girlhood wasn’t any different from the other, nothing out of the ordinary. So, my girlhood is as good as the girl next door. I lived a quiet, prayerful and girlish life whereby I loved adventures. I tried out new things, partying and making new friends. Really nothing much I can remember of.

What other things are you into apart from acting?

Nothing for now. I put in one hundred per cent attention to my family and acting career that is all. This is a handful already. When I’m into other things, it will be known to the media. But I wouldn’t forget to say that I have set up my None Governmental Organization which is known as Positive Life for Children Foundation. This is about to be launched.  The foundation would be tackling on the brilliant but less privileged children and children with special needs anywhere in Africa.

Some of your colleagues’ marriages have crashed, some are threatening to crash but yours has remained intact, what are you doing right?

Nothing out of the ordinary but I have been holding on to God tenaciously and the rest is history

What have you been doing to pay back to humanity having attained the height you are in now?

I’m saddled with the prime responsibility of ensuring that less privileged children live a positive life and make meaningful impact to the society and become agents of positive change in Africa. I want to ensure that I help them to discover themselves and becoming who and what they want to be in life. This I do by building and empowering them through scholarships, painting and renovating dilapidated facilitates in schools. Providing sandals, school bags, books, writing materials and other gift items to schools and orphanages.

What informs your dress sense?

The occasion. My outfit will sure go in line with the event. My nails, my hair and my make-up have to be complementary to my outfit.

What does style mean to you?
Style to me is the expression of one’s personality, wearing what suits me, what really fits and being trendy too.







  


No comments:

Post a Comment