forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Exposing your body attracts wrong men-Obioma May Aruh


Obioma May Aruh, nee Okoronkwo, deals in textiles, a business she has been into for about two decades. After receiving a degree in English from Imo State University, now Abia State University and later a master’s in Business Administration from the Lagos State University, she went ahead for a diploma in Textile Designing which has a fascination for her. She has toured most parts of the world showcasing and promoting Nigerian fabrics in her own little way. The opinion of this textile guru concerning the nation’s fashion industry is encouraging. “The Nigerian fashion industry is doing pretty well. That is my candid opinion. At least for now, you can see that most fashionistas wear Nigerian fabrics such as Wax, which is fondly known as Ankara, Aso-oke, Adire, to mention but a few. Interestingly, fashion designers are contributing immensely to the growth of the fabric industry here because they are the ones that are busy churning out mind-blowing styles,” she says.

One other thing that gives her great pleasure is the way Nigerian fabrics are being accepted abroad. “Each time I travel out of the country, it gives me great pleasure to see Nigerian wax being worn by white fashionistas, especially during summer. They wear them with shoulders high. They use Nigerian wax to design knickers, trousers, cat suits, et cetera. I also make bold to say that I’m one of the Nigerian fabric promoters abroad because I won’t be caught wearing anything else apart from designs made with our fabrics. If it is winter, I design something that would cover me well from cold. I may add a hood to it that would take care of my head, with some furs and wool for warmth on the body of the dress. I will still come out looking good in my African attire. Most white ladies tend to love what I wear because I would definitely stand out,” Aruh said.
A mother of three, she was spotted on the red carpet of the Nigerian Fashion Television Show organised by Galaxy TV. She spoke authoritatively about fashion on the occasion. That was where she unveiled tips she must put into consideration before stepping out for red carpet shows. “I prepare for it really because I wouldn’t want to be taken unawares. But my preparation would depend on the type of event I’m attending and what I have on the ground. If it is a fashion event, I must step out looking dashing but what I wear must have a touch of African class,” she stated.
Seen as an ‘iron lady’ in the fashion world, Aruh did not hesitate in pointing out style blunders common in our society. “That has to do with dressing and leaving your vital parts on display. I don’t know what women who do that would gain or want to achieve. This is very awkward. Being semi nude is not being fashionable. You can be properly covered up and still be admired. In fact, I see ladies who dress leaving vital parts of their body open as those who don’t have good things to wear. That is a cheap way of removing people’s attention from the shabby outfits they are wearing. Ladies, please exposing your body is not fashion,” she counselled.
Her fashion sense is not far from what you expect. She said: “I consider my good looks first. I will also make sure that what I’m wearing fits me without exposing my body. Not because I’m married with three children. After all, most mothers do that, including some that are old enough to be called grand-mothers. My reason for not trying that is because it is not decent for a lady to expose her body, knowing that you will be addressed the way you are dressed. You will only attract the wrong kind of men if you do so.”
To married women who have stopped paying attention to their dress sense and feel that no one looks at them, this fashion pundit has some words: “If you ignore your look and dress sense, know that some ladies may win the attention of your husband. My advice is that you continue to dress well. Marriage shouldn’t inhibit good-looking. In other words, that you are married does not mean you should look unkempt. Try to look hot for your husband the way you were when he was courting you.’’


1 comment:

  1. Good talk. My kid sis is always on point.

    ReplyDelete