forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Saturday, December 12, 2015

I never knew I could be a beauty queen someday-Stephanie Korie, Miss Imo State


 ‘My aura of beauty gave me an edge over 26 others’
A detailed introduction of you?
I’m Stephanie Korie, from ihitte Uboma Iga of Imo state. The third of four children of Mr and late Mrs Godwin Korie. I’m 22 years old. I’m an optimist; I can see a cup half full and never half empty. My likes are honesty and loyalty. I dislike lies.
A bit on your educational background?
I’m in my finale year studying Computer Science in Abia State Polytechnic.
How was growing up? Did it ever occur to you that at a time in your life, you would be a beauty queen?
Growing up, I always loved to watch pageants, usually I mimic them (contestants) with my friends, we would pose and choose our countries or states and then catwalk (laughs). But never knew I would be one someday. Thanks be to God for that. I was fulfilled, was very happy. I even cried (giggles) when I was crowned. Tears of joy I suppose.
Relieve what happened on the night of the beauty pageant. How many were you girls in number?
We were 27 girls representing the 27 local government areas of Imo state. Then in camp we were taught some etiquettes, catwalk, and more each night different tasks where given to us and we dare not misbehave. It was a real camp. On the finale we did our introduction, choreography, bikini exhibition, traditional exhibition and then dinner gown. There was a time for questions and answers and then the winner was crowned. Yes, I was crowned (laughs).

What gave you an edge over 26 other aspirants?
I think my aura of beauty and the ability to tolerate and be dedicated to the contests.  I was also very accommodating towards every one there. In fact, there were lots of pretty girls that contested for the diamond-studded crown but God favoured me.
Now that you are a beauty queen, what next?
As a beauty queen, I’m not meant to be everywhere. I’m meant to dress as a queen. Always represent and be a role model to our young girls.
What would you be busy with during your one year tenure? What is your pet project?
My pet project is themed ‘health for the aged’. I chose this because often times when I go to my village and maybe my friends’ villages, I get to see really old people who are very weak and have no one or family to care or cater for them. My project aims at helping  old people who have nobody to care for them.
Who is your role model?
My role model is Oprah Winfrey; she is educated , principled, hardworking. She inspires people, she is passionate about her job. She grew from a very poor home and because she didn’t want to end up in the streets, she worked very hard and today she is the most popular black woman in the world and also one of the richest women in the world.
Who are those present and past beauty queens you admire and why?
Agbani Darego and Collette Nwadike.
Why them?
Because they have really achieved a lot for themselves and every beauty queen should be somebody  people would look up to.
Do you hope to be enrolled in bigger beauty pageants?
Yes, I hope to be enrolled in bigger beauty pageants because beauty pageants are platforms that help you achieve your goals in life and they tend to nurture and grow women of substance in the society.
When your tenure is over, what would you like to be remembered for?
I would like to be remembered for my humility, simplicity and my love for the old people.
What impact are you going to be making to the fashion world?
I will always want to be seen as a fashion icon whose dresses are sexy and not trashy.
What do you do right to retain your beauty and your shape?
I drink a lot of water and I do my sit-ups once in a while.
Where do you think some beauty queens get it wrong?
Some queens are just queens and nothing about them inspire people; I want to be able to inspire people.
Beauty queens are in the habit of dumping their boyfriends once they are crowned believing that levels have changed for them. Have you dumped yours?
Friends and family are the reason we live and I don’t see any reason we should dump or leave them behind when things become rosy with us.
Are you proud to be a woman in a male dominated society as ours?
Of course, I’m proud to be a woman. The joy of carrying a child and nurturing it  is worth being proud of. I mean women bring men into the world. I’m proud of that.
What lesson has life taught you as a beauty queen?
As a beauty queen, I have learned that nothing is unimportant.
What is your life philosophy?
My life philosophy is never look down on anyone, you never know what tomorrow brings.
A bit on fashion, can you define your style?
My style is simplicity and a touch of class.
On the red carpets of glamourous events, how do you out shine others?
I just love to smile, I feel my smile compliments my outfit.
What is that item you wouldn’t mind spending a fortune on?
I think I can spend all my money on hair because the beauty of a woman is her hair.
What is that fashion blunder very common in our society?
Most ladies don’t know what suits their body type and colour. They just want to look like others.




No comments:

Post a Comment