forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Monday, August 24, 2015

‘I have zero tolerance for domestic violence’

America-based On-Air-Personality (OAP), actress, scriptwriter, compere, red carpet and talk show host, Olufunke Mercy Tanimola aka Mercy Flawless, is indeed an interesting personality. This is one Nigerian lady who is flying the flag of Nigeria very  proudly in Texas, Dallas, where she is based.

She does this by promoting up-and-coming Nigerian artistes in US. “I get thrilled by giving up- and-coming acts the opportunity to be heard. First and foremost, my radio program is majorly for Nigerians in diaspora. I make my listeners feel at home by bringing them trending stories  from  home, and I mostly promote Nigerian based artistes on the show via phone interviews. I also participate in Nigeria events in the states and I share the moments on my social media pages,” she said.


This diva who sees herself as a voice for every woman going through domestic violence was  born and raised in Lagos State. She first studied Mass Communication at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Abeokuta, Ogun State, before she studied Theatre Arts at the University of Benin. And  later left for  Dallas County Community College where she is studying Assoiciate in Art. She said she hates domestic violence with a passion. Hence, cant stand it. “I have zero tolerance for domestic violence, so I made it my duty to make myself a voice for every woman going through domestic voilence. I also encourage the broken-hearted to stay strong,” she enthused.
She doesn’t think women should be under the menfolk just because of their sex. She believes women are capable. “I believe in what a man can do, a woman can do even better. Good enough, men in the western world have realised this. They  know the improtance of women, little wonder  they treat us right. Over here in the states, a man wouldn’t mind being in the kitchen with his wife and helping to prepare meals. Most men do laundries for their women without attaching any importance to it. But back home in Nigeria, people would say such men are under serious spell or under the influence of jazz. Some might even say such a man is under a curse. Everything here in the states is totally different from how people think back home,” she stressed.
To some Nigerian women who are being battered by their husbands, she has some words. “If he hits you once, he would hit you again. So, don’t wait for the second mistake to happen before you run as fast as your legs can carry you. It is better to be a living and happy spinster, than  being a battered corpse. Women should learn to see the red flag fast in relationships,” she counseled.
Mercy is one person who has never for once regretted being a woman. “I have never regretted being a woman. Women are the most interesting and beautiful creatures on earth. It feels good to be a woman especially now that we have lots of women in the helm of affiars, making important decisions in the world,” she said.
Guess the kind of books she reads? “I love to read inspirational books because aside from  getting inspired by nature and my late mum’s prayers and words of advice, I’m also inspired by romance novels that  I read . Then of course, I love to read the Bible because it makes me yearn more for God’s presence and teachings. It also strengthens my faith at my lowest point,” she enthused.
Her life philosophy? “Do good always and good will come back to you,” she nodded.

Though she is still a young lady, but she has been able to learn some things from life. “Life has taught me to be strong and courageous on the battlefield of life. Life has also taught me to believe in myself and strive to be successful without bringing someone else down. Finally, life has taught me to have a special hatred for lairs because they can’t be trusted.I can’t stand people that lie. It’s a big no for me. My close friends can attest to this. I hate liars!

No comments:

Post a Comment