forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Monday, August 24, 2015

I once took off my top before the camera- Bukky Raji, actress



The super screen actress  Raji Adebukonla fondly known as Bukky Raji is a Yoruba movie actress who is based in Lagos. But she is from Ondo state and  the last born of the family of six. They are four in number and they are all girls, no brother. She graduated from Olabisi Onabanjo University where she studied Mass Communication. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS she talked about life as a movie star and fun she usually have at movie locations.

When did you start acting?
 I started acting way back in 1999 but then it was just stage drama and dance. These two things I concentrated on before  I opted for movies. I have always loved what I’m doing from the beginning. Yes starting  from the time I was only dancing. I could remember then that each time  I hear music,  my soul would be lifted and I would spring up and dance. I used to imitate known good dancers  easily. I danced like them and I loved it. (giggled)


What aspect of your acting career do your enjoy most?
Wow! This question is thrilling. The aspect of my acting career  I enjoy most is behind-the-camera-fun. And this includes  telling stories,  jesting and all the fun I usually have during the time of rehearsals.

How about challenges of work?
Some scripts can be very challenging  believe me. And they may require lots of rehearsals. Another thing is that some directors can be very strict and satisfying them takes much efforts. These are major challenges that confront me career wise. But then, I still cope and try to overcome these challenges I mentioned. After all it’s my work and I need to work knowing that when there is no pain, there is no gain!

How do you cope with publicity and stardom?
Because of the nature of the job I do, people want to know virtually everything about me. Some want to pry into my privacy.  Even when they hear stories that are not true, they are interested and want to know more. It is that bad! At times, the press too is not helping matter believe me (giggles). At times, when they hear stories, they don’t call to confirm and they publish. But all the same, it is well. All these I consider as the prize for stardom and that is why I have chosen to ignore them.

Are there some roles you won’t accept no matter the amount at stake?
Yes, there are some roles I won’t accept no matter the amount I’m scheduled to be paid. And that would have to be nude roles.  I know some people would say I’m not professional enough to be choosy over roles or for refusing to accept roles that have to do with nudity. But to such people they should also know that just as we should be professionals, they should also know that we have a culture that frowns at nudity which  we should respect.

If you weren’t acting, what would you have opted for?
I would have opted for teaching or I would have gone for TV presenting because I love reaching out to people. I love impacting and touching lives.

Who are you aspiring to be like in Nollywood and in Hollywood?
In Nollywood it is mummy Joke Silva that I’m aspiring to be like. Reason is that she doesn’t allow her profession to affect her home front. Then for Hollywood, I admire Angelina Jolie because she can be daring in interpretation of roles. So daring that I get carried with some of her roles.

What is that craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
A male fan once walked up to me in public, after the normal pleasantries. He said to me that he had seen my movies and he loved the roles I played. Before I could say Jack Robinson, he said he was interested in me. He didn’t wait for me to respond before he  held me and started kissing me.

What very scandal won’t you forget in a hurry?
Well, I had one guy in my life, we were  dating. He was my boss in the industry so to say. He is late now, God bless his soul. After his death, I heard from people and read from papers  that I was pregnant for him. I was shocked when I heard it.

What regrets do you have in life?
The only regrets I have is the fact that I’m the last born. Then another one is that I only have sisters and no brother. Yes, I would have loved to have a brother. I have four sisters, one is late but no brother. Every sex has important role to play in the family. A sister cannot play brotherly role, I guess you get what I mean. But since ours is a male-dominated society but I have chosen to feel good as a woman, I have no choice over this. Happiness is a matter of choice, remember?

What did you do right when you had a heartbreak?
Well, I’m the kind of a person that doesn't consider any issue as a do or die thing. So, when I had a heartbreak, what I did was to look up to God. And he healed my emotional bruises up.

What else do you do when you are less busy?
I listen to music and I read novels. Most times I love to dance as well.

Who is the person rocking the love boat of your life?
Oh he is my one and only. He is my cutie, my only love, my heartthrob,  I wouldn’t want to mention his name. That is my little secret for now. Yes, this happens to be my only privacy that I’m still guiding jealously (giggled)

What is your life philosophy?
My life philosophy is that what will be will be. Let go and let God.

What lesson has life taught you?
Life has taught me to live my life the way I want, to be myself always and don’t please people to displease myself.

What is the naughtiest thing you have done with regards to the roles you interpreted in the movie you starred in?
That was taking off my top except my bra before the camera.

What part of your body can you flaunt?
I love to flaunt my face and my legs.

Let’s talk about fashion. What do you think life would have been without fashion?
Life would have still been good without fashion because fashion is a relative thing.

What fashion accessory forms a larger part of your wardrobe?
Shoes and handbags.

Can you define your style?
I’m simple and non-conformist

Where do you think some women are not getting it right in fashion?
Well, some women are immodest and lousy with fashion. We get it wrong when we do not consider our outings before choosing what to wear. For instance, loud make-up has its own peculiar outings or events.

Which very Nigerian male celebrity do you consider a power dresser?
I think it is Dbanj the musician. He creates his own style.

Which very fashion blunder have you committed?
None I can remember for now maybe because I’m not fashion crazy. But I dress well and simplicity has always been my watchword.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment