forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Saturday, August 29, 2015

I love colours -Lamboginny, a musician



His stage name is Lamboginny but his real name is Yinka Lawson, a musician and an anti-crime ambassador. He is presently the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency National Ambassador. “And before I was appointed the NDLEA National Ambassador I was appointed the Nigerian prison honorary ambassador."
 He unveils  his lifestyle, favourite colour, fashion accessories and his swag.
 My stage name

Lamboginny is from my last name Lawanson. My father used to call me Mboginny, it was a slang and I later picked LA from my last name and it now becomes Lamboginny. So, for me, Lamboginny means an African child that is well brought up.

My style
I try as much as possible to keep my style simple but sometimes I can go all blinged out, you know. But occasion determines my style.


 Outfit that makes larger part of  my wardrobe

My larger part of my wardrobe presently as I'm standing here is mixed. I like pants a lot. I like normal simple pants. I love colourful shoes. I have red shoes, I have orange, I have blackberry, I have brown of different shades. Red is my favourite colour. I'm an entertainer, I have lots of blings. But I try to look corporate in everything, my brand is a special one. And  because of my anti crime project most often, you would never see me sagging. I’m sure of this. There are some things you would never catch me doing. But, I like to be classy.

Colour-blocking

As far as I am concerned if year -in- year -out, the sky keeps giving us rainbow and the rainbow belongs to the whole world, it doesn't belong to anybody. I think anybody can colour-block. I could put on my orange shoes on a deep colour ash pant and a light colour ash top and I'm good to go with simple belt on. You would see it as almost colour-blocking.  I'm not a fan of trends but sometimes for you not to be totally lost, you have to move around with the trend. I'm an entertainer, if I don't move around with the trend, I would be totally lost from my brand, from the society as well. A lot of times when I go out, people are like wow I like your shoes, I like your colour combinations and all that. But if I start going out looking like one out-dated fellow, they would say please leave him, he is old school.

 Favourite piece of clothing in my wardrobe
My favourite piece of clothing is always my top. That of course is my shirt. I don't joke with my shirt. In those days while we were growing up, you can wear one pant for one week. But you vary your shirts. You can wear one shirt on Monday, another on Tuesday, another one on Wednesday just like that for one week on a particular pant. I don't joke with my shirts because when they see you they don't look down, the first thing that they see is up. So, I didn't joke with my shirts at all.

In the men's fashion world where do you think you guys are not getting it right?
In the men's fashion world where I think we are not getting it right is sometimes when I see men in pencil jean, that is almost like leggings. But you see, we have to wear it sometimes just for trend . But for me, I don't go all out pencil, it must be free a little bit. But when I see some guys that are all leggings, skinny jeans, it is a no-no for me. That is a little bit out of the line for me.

What clothing item won't you be caught wearing?
You would never catch me wearing bra (giggles).

Bra is feminine item, I mean men's item?
I have never worn Agbada before. And they usually say you must wear it when you are getting married and so on and so fort. I have never worn Agbada before and I don't know if I would wear it.

What is that fashion accessory that you can never do without?
Well, I'm not a wrist watch person. All the wristwatches you have ever seen on me, came as a gift. I have never bought a wristwatch in my life. I'm not a wristwatch person but my friends are always forcing me to wear, so they buy for me. For instance, this one I'm wearing now is a gift (he says stretching out his hand). But, I love my belts, I love my chains (necklace). I don't joke with my chain.

Are you a designer label freak?
No, I'm not and I really believe in my people. I believe in Nigerians. I always encourage our designers. Like this pant I'm wearing is made here by Oyimine. I believe in my own people. I rather see that thing internationally, pick it, bring it and show you and tell you I want this to be made for me.

Who are your favourite designers locally and internationally?
I love Versace, because I love gold. I love Calvin Klein because I have couple of them. But locally, the boys I even love  are not very big. There is one guy called Wales Clothing and he is doing very well. I have Naija Edition, they have mixed costumes for me on stage. Then, I have Oyimine. He is doing great.

What is your most prized accessory right now?
My shoes.

Why your shoes?
Because I know I have bought a lot. I spend a lot of money on my shoes.

Favourite perfume?

I don't have a favourite one. If I use it and it is too harsh, I drop it. Any good one is okay for me. I don't have a particular one. I wear any good cologne that makes me smell nice.

Your best colour?

Red!

Why red and not blue?
Because red is bright, it is attractive, it represents love and I'm a very caring and loving person.

What is that particular outfit you feel very comfortable in?
I feel very comfortable in anything I wear that I like. Once I like it, I'm comfortable. But if I don't like it, I won't be comfortable. But anything I wear that I like, I love it.






2 comments: