forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Lesson life has taught me-Kiki Omeili, actress


She is a medical doctor but she chose to become a Nollywood star because of her passion for acting.  'Kiki' Omeili is a television and film actress. She became popular through  her current role as Lovette in the TV series titled  Lekki Wives and her brief role in popular series Tinsel. In this  interview  the diva who  graduated with a medical degree from the University of Lagos talked about her lifestyle and why she chose acting over medicine.

Can you tell us more about yourself?
I  was born in Lagos, and I'm the second of four children of Charles and Maureen Omeili. I'm  of Igbo descent and hails from Nimo, in Anambra state.  My father Charles was a banker  with First Bank Nigeria  and retired as a general manager, while my mother Maureen was the Controller of Prisons in Ibadan, Oyo state. I’m down to earth, easy going, hard working and fun loving.


Can you trace your journey into the acting world?
 I began performing in stage plays  all through my primary and secondary school years. This continued when I got into the university as I was a member of the drama club and acted in various productions as well as taking part in several drama competitions. In 2006, I obtained a Medical degree from the College of Medicine, University of Lagos.

You are a medical doctor, why did you choose acting over medical practise?
Because acting has been my passion . I started acting at a point in my life  where I was doing it for the love of it and not for the sake of it.

Who are those in Nollywood that lured you into acting?
Nobody in Nollywood lured me into acting. I started doing it because I always had the passion for it.

Name some movies you have starred in?
They are Lekki Wives, Married But Living Single, Oblivious Sting, The Antique, Gbomo Gbomo, Express, The Glass House, Behind The Smile, Same Difference, Couple of Days and many more.
Which of them is most challenging?
Well, earlier this year, I had to play the role of Blessing in a movie titled Gbomo Gbomo produced by Walter Banger. The character is a gangster and very unrefined. She is someone I have nothing in common with. But I had to make her very believable . That was quite challenging.

Which of them shot you to the limelight?
It was Lekki Wives. Because it was a story that was very engaging and a lot of people could relate to. The acceptance was overwhelming.

How do you cope with fame?
Well, fame is a strong word, popularity maybe. It comes with the package, so I take it in my stride.

How do you feel about the fact that you don’t have privacy based on what you do as an actress?
Well, you don’t have privacy, that’s true. I think it’s also possible to keep certain aspects of your life private if it’s important for you to do so. It’s something you sign up for when you start acting. So, even if you aren't happy about it, you have to deal with it.

What is the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
Nothing comes to mind right now. Maybe stalking on social media has come the closest.

What is your life philosophy?
My life philosophy is if you want it, go and get it.

What lesson has life taught you?
Life has taught me that anything can happen to anyone at any time. And that is just because you hear stories about things happening to people and it seems surreal, it doesn't mean it can’t happen to you.

Let’s digress a little to fashion/style. How do you think life would have been without fashion?
Life would still be life but I guess just a little less exciting without fashion. Fashion gives you something to look forward to. New trends can be a breath of fresh air, and you know more about people and how they express themselves through the things they wear.

What then is your style?
My style is simple, class and elegant.

Where do you think ladies in this part of the world are getting it wrong in the fashion world?
Oh who am I to judge? I say live and let live. People wear whatever they feel they look good in and are comfortable in, regardless of the opinions of others. That  being said, I think there is a tendency for people to follow trends instead of paying attention to themselves individually and knowing what they look good in.

What fashion accessory forms a larger part of your wardrobe?
Bags and shoes.
What were you doing before you started  acting full time?
I've always been a big fan of the media. I love the fact that one can communicate with so many people via the media and touch so many lives. So what I was doing before I started acting full time was presenting a health show on the radio, called ‘Balancing Lives.’ I would pick a medical-related topic and tell people all they need to know about it. So, I did that for a very long time.

I also used to write newspaper health articles, but mainly, what I do now is writing for some health blogs when I have the time. And also I used to do some pro bone health work. So, these are some of the things I do to bridge the gap between my profession and the media. I use the media to push out health information.

No comments:

Post a Comment