forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Sunday, November 22, 2015

I can push harder than most men –Sandra Eze, actress/TV Presenter

Sandra Eze from Anambra State has four other siblings “and we’re very close.” She refused to disclose her age, “but I’m pretty young and ambitious,” she giggles. The English Language and Literature graduate from Nnamdi Azikiwe University is a TV personality, a model and an actress. In this interview with Adaeze Amos, she talked about how she combines the three tasking career together successfully.
You are an actress, a TV personality and a model, how do you juggle these three tasking professionS together?
Yes, I do the three daunting professions to the glory of God.  God gave me the talents, I asked Him for opportunities to showcase them and He provided it. So, as much as juggling it all is tasking, I don’t complain.  I’m doing what I love and I could only pray the pay cheque keeps rising.  Although all days are not usually busy. On days like that, I’d just have a ‘me’ time at home or at the beach.
What are some of the movies you have starred in?
I’ve featured in projects such as 4 Walls, Karma, Bella’s Place, Silence, Tinsel, Knocking on Heaven’s Door and so on.

Which very one is more challenging?
I can’t tell which is more challenging because all characters have their requirements and you have to feed it the right nutrient. I think the challenge is feeding your character a balanced nutrient and not being a mediocre. Though on a second thought, I’d say initially, I found my Tinsel Character ‘Lola’ quite disarming because she was the exact opposite of the real me. But I had a great director and co-actors; so they really helped me become the monster that the character required (laughs).
Which brought you to the limelight?
Coming to limelight was a gradual build-up. But I must confess being on prime time shows like Tinsel and your view on TVC sure did the trick.
What exactly thrills you about your acting job?
I love the fact that I can connect to a lot of people, whether young or old by just playing out a character in a film or sharing my opinions on social issues. I also love the fact that my job puts me out there where I can prove to the world that whether my society is male-dominated or not, I still stand out, I am different. And I can bet I push myself harder than most men. What really makes me happy about my job is that I’m doing what I love and making money from it as well as impacting lives and the society. That is a fulfilling reward.
Who exactly are you aspiring to be like in the acting world?
I don’t know the answer to this honestly because as I get older and experienced, they change. At some point it was Stephanie Okereke, then Genevieve Nnaji, then Julia Roberts, RMD, Ramsey Nouah,  Mercy Johnson, Leo Di Caprio, Meryl Steep; my human inspirations/motivators keep changing. I study each one for a while, pick up what I want from their interpretation and move on to the next. I guess I’m a player (laughs). But seriously, I’ll end up being a glorious combination of the world’s best (I pray).
How was growing up?
Growing up was only fun when I was with my family. Outside, especially in school, I got bullied a lot and I stammered so badly I couldn’t defend my self without causing me more shame. I was always the silent observer, I only talked when necessary. Otherwise, I’d be somewhere quiet, reading my books. My siblings never bullied me, they were actually my defendants. I am the second daughter and second child. My parents were disciplinarians but luckily for me, I was a good girl so I barely ever got into trouble.  We relocated a few times and I was okay with it because since I got bored easily, a road trip or change of environment was always welcomed. During my childhood days, I never got a taste of luxury because my parents as much as they loved us all, couldn’t provide it and so one of constant prayers was, ‘I’ll be rich’ but now, it is ‘I’ll be wealthy’ (laughs).
Can you relieve your first experience on a movie set?
My first time on a movie set was on ‘Bella Place’ back in 2010. I played a pregnant lady, ‘Bridget’. I was clueless, I didn’t even know how to act like a pregnant lady but I was good with lines. We had so many takes I felt sorry for everyone and was really embarrassed for myself. But I was lucky the director and producer Debbie Odutayo understood my situation and was patient. She walked me through that set and through my baby steps. Now when I remember it all, it’s really funny. Beginner days are always funny and largely emotional when you look back.
Are you like some ladies who would tell you they are not ready to settle down because of their acting career?
I’m not one of those ladies but neither am I judging them. I love the idea of marriage and a wedding dress but that won’t blind me from the most important thing; which is a man who loves me, understands me and my vision and is willing to support me every step of the way. See, I’m very ambitious, but I won’t push raising a family aside. I need a man who’ll make it easier to balance the roles out. Till I meet him, I’m single and making the best of this stage in my life.
What are the qualities of your ideal man?
Don’t call me picky when it comes to my ideal man, but I can get picky (laughs). I like thoughtful men from good backgrounds, dependable and spontaneous, plus comfortable with a deep, sincere love and respect for God and man also.
What puts you off in people?
Lies!  I hate lies and unreliability. I hate gossip; if you tell me bad stuff about people and I notice it’s coming from a wicked / jealous heart, I’ll help you pass the message without your consent and that could get ugly. So I just stay out of gossip. I also hate the sound of people chewing gums, it distorts my concentration and I think it’s barbaric to chew like that in public.
What makes your day?
Gifts, good surprises, a great day at work, a good date, quiet time with God. Quite frankly,  I have no Idea what could make my day until it makes my day.(Laughs)
When you are down, what do you do to get inspiration?
Oh, that’s easy, I head to the beach or go see a movie at the cinema and sometimes, if my friends are available, we’d hangout and I’ll laugh it off. Other times, I’d just play music or talk to my sister.
What kind of books do you read?
I like fiction. I read everything except war and horror books. Mostly I love Sidney Sheldon, Francine Rivers and Nora Roberts. Most importantly,  I read only relevant biography and history books too.
Can you define your style?
I don’t put too much effort into style. I love my denim jeans and colourful casual tops. When I’m not working, I wear a nude face but I make sure my brows are done, eyeliner, mascara and lip balm. So, to answer your question, my personal style is between bohemian and casual chic.  On rare occasions, I go official.
What is that style you won’t be caught wearing?
Indecent outfits! I won’t wear them. I strongly believe a woman is more beautiful when she is confident and decently covered up.
What is that fashion item that makes a larger part of your wardrobe?
Well if you visit my wardrobe, you’d see more of tops and dresses. I wear few accessories and switching handbags just too much work for me (laughs).
What is that fashion blunder you have committed?
With my fashion style, it’s hard to commit a blunder; even with a bad combination, you can still be let off the hook. Although, if I remember correctly, I had terrible fashion blunder when the colour blocking trend just hit town.
What is the naughtiest thing you have ever done?
Well, that one I can’t tell you. It’s a secret that died back on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment