forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Music has always been my thing right from Childhood- Gina Cephas, a musician


Omawunmi is my mentor
‘Omawumi is my mentor; I love her songs, charisma and dress sense’
Call her hot, you are right. Or a fashionista, you are not wrong.  Egbe Regina Mbeng fondly known as Gina Cephas is a musician. She took her time and studied it in school when she discovered that her passion for music would never wax cold. She graduated from Esut Institute of Music, Doala, Cameroon. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS she talked about life as a diva
  
 How did you develop interest in music?
 Music has always been my thing right from Childhood, I mean when I was very little. I was always going out to dance for people and they would spray money on me. So, it was fun really.

When did you start singing professionally?
 I started music professionally in 2006 but took my career to another level in 2014 November when I lunched my first singles titled: Hand Over and Super Giver on the 7th of December last year. I have successfully recorded eight so far and my latest single is titled ‘Gimmi Chance’.

Can you reveal the very first time you performed before a large crowd, how did you feel? Were you scared?
 That was Felabration 2013 and was it fun, I wasn’t scared at all.
Who is your mentor in the music world?
 Omawumi is my mentor. I love her songs, charisma, composure and her dress sense.
Bottom Belle Crooner Omawunmi


What kind of music are you into?
 Afro pop and contemporary music
What really inspires your songs?
 When I’m sober, that is when I’m at my best to churn out songs. Or better still when I’m in a secluded area, no distractions from anybody that is when songs amazingly begin to flow and I scribble  them down immediately so that I won’t forget.

Some people compose songs when they are heartbroken, when is the best time for you to compose songs
 In my quiet moment or a secluded area where birds chirp and nature (weather) is at its best.
What message do you pass to people through your songs?
  Well quite a lot. I address women who go to men for money. I sing about true love
When you started singing, were you supported by your parents?
No, they didn’t support me. In fact, it wasn’t an easy battle but I had to keep on pushing damning all consequence. I’m actually from a strong Christian background that’s why.
What is your growing up like? Did you start exhibiting passion for music when you were much younger?
At a tender age I had already been known as a dancer, a singer and a drummer. I was the lead vocalist in my school and church choir at the age of nine.
Can you tell us your latest works?
My latest work so far is the single I just dropped which is titled ‘Gimmi Chance’. I featured Minjin former Kennis Music artiste.
Would you say your passion for music is in born or from the family?
 My passion for music is in born
Most young people are concerned with the beats today and no good lyrics on the songs, what is your take on this?
 It’s not really a good one, our music must have value and be rich in lyrics not just the beat.
 What challenges have you faced while doing music?
 Sincerely I have not had any challenge so far, it’s been smooth and dandy
 What is your take on the Nigerian music industry?
Nigerian music industry is growing for good but we still need to make some chances as artistes. We should do good music that will educate and bless people out there
and not to corrupt the young ones.
Who do you look up to for collaboration?
Omawumi and Flavour. Those twosome would inspire me the more.
What was the most embarrassing thing a male fan has ever done to you?
None really, apart from some people on my Facebook. They are very annoying, sometimes all they do is to send nude pictures of themselves to me.
Some Divas take substances to get high before they perform on the stage. What drives you on the stage?
 My music drive me! I don’t like taking substances to get high before performing, it has never been my style and I don’t fancy it.
 What lesson has life taught you as a musician?
 Life has taught me to be strong, believe in myself, keep doing that thing I have passion for and never under rate anybody because you don’t know where you will meet him tomorrow.
What is your life philosophy?
Whatever you do, do it well, you may never have a second chance.
If you have to relieve your life would you still love to be a musician?
Yes for sure
Let’s talk about fashion; can you define your personal style?
Sincerely speaking fashion is not my thing, most people call me tomboy
 Fashion covers one’s flaws and flaunts good (hot) sides.  What part of your body do you consider hot enough to flaunt?
My legs
 What was the naughtiest thing you have ever done?
 I love to cry so that I would be pampered like a baby
What fashion item forms a larger part of your wardrobe?
 My shoes.





1 comment:

  1. wow that's cool...so you actually went to a music school...thats good, not all artist did that..thumps up

    ReplyDelete