forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Sunday, November 22, 2015

For now, nude roles should wait. Most of my fans are children- Amanda Ebeye, actress

Amada Ebeye became popular in a movie known as ‘Clinic Matters, where she played the role of ‘Abigail’. But since she featured in her maiden movie, ‘Weeping Tiger’ in 2007, she had taken part in many soap operas. In this interview with Adaeze Amos, the International Studies and Diplomacy graduate of Benson Idahosa University, Edo State speaks about her debut in a movie.
Can you relive the first time you appeared in a movie?
The first time I was on a movie set; I had mixed feelings. I was nervous and confident at the same time. It is that kind of feeling that goes through your head when you are unsure and  sure at the same time. I had internal battles but somehow I overcame them.
How daring are you in romance movies?
I used to be very daring; I mean extremely daring in romance roles when I started newly. But it’s not so now.
Which actor would you like to be paired in romance movies?
I can’t mention who I would like to be paired based on his looks or how I’ve seen him act in movies before. The reason is that, for me, it’s a connection. There are quite amber of fantastic actors I’ve watched on TV; we got paired and I felt no connection. But the movie still turned out good to other people, so I really can’t say I will like to pair this or that person.

Would you take up a nude role if the pay is good?
For now, nude roles should wait. This is because most of my fans are children. I need to know what I’m teaching them. I won’t want their mothers to send them out of the living room because I’m in a movie they can’t watch. That then means I’m teaching them nothing.
Can you mention some of you works?
Some of my works are Clinic Matters (old episodes), Super Stories, A Blast From the Past, More Than a Friend. The current one is, Too Blind To See. For movies, they are Government BabesCareer WomanSchool War, directed by Mac Collins Chidiebe, Blooms Berry Hotelwith Lawrence Onuzulike and Daniel k. Daniel, Desperate Single with Artus Frank, Okon The Driver with Sam Sunny, Bishop Imeh, Belinda Effah, Jibola Dabo and directed by Ikechukwu Onyeka, Tribe directed by Ifeanyi Onyeabor, and many more.
Which of the movies brought you into the limelight?
I would say ‘Clinic Matters’ did a lot for my career/ It put me on a different pedestal, because that was the first time a director allowed me to be myself. He didn’t allow me act, he permitted me to bring a character to life.
What do you do to avoid fame from getting into your head?
I try to put God first in everything I do. He keeps me humble; when you have God in your life, pride is far from you. So, I handle it well.
Aside from acting, what else do you do?
Besides acting, I hope to go into production someday; do my own movies.
What has life taught you?
Life has taught me to be patient, hopeful and prayerful. Life has taught me that I can have anything I want if I just think it, believe and work towards it. The reason is that you can be anything you want if you believe first.
Do you see yourself as a fashion freak? And which style wouldn’t you want to be seen in?
I’m not a fashion freak. I like to be comfortable in what I put on; so my style is anything I’m comfortable in.
I don’t like palazzo or is it bell bottoms?  I hate those pants now.
What part of your body can you proudly flaunt?
Every part of me; I would flaunt.
If you could re-live your life, would you still want to be an actress?
I would still like to be an actress. I would still have the same talent…be able to imagine things and create them. And, of course, exist in my fairytale world. I would still love to play dress-up and be different people in movies. I can be a doctor, nurse, soldier, tailor if I want. But I can’t do any other thing than acting.
Are you looking at settling down soon?
Of course, I will settle down when it’s time.

No comments:

Post a Comment